Senior Engineer – PE – Los Angeles, CA
Our client is a utility company based in Los Angeles, California. They are seeking a California registered Senior Engineer.
Primary Purpose :
Functions as the company's expert in a specific engineering discipline related to facilities and asset integrity management. Manages and directs programs and/or projects within the department that provide department or company-wide benefits. Directs, monitors and assists team members and outside contractors with engineering technical guidance. Responsible for developing contracts and approving contract revisions for contractors, consultants and vendors. Coordinates input from, and participation with, various other departments within the Company as needed to meet project objectives. Participates in industry technical committees and is a leading contributor within area of expertise. Knowledge of implementing risk-based inspection programs, risk assessments, engineering assessments and integrity management practices related to API 570, API 653 and API 510.
· B.S. in Engineering required. Master's Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline and business training is desirable. Registration as a professional engineer in the state of California or equivalent Company certificate is highly desirable.
· 6 - 8 year's previous related engineering experience including experience at the Engineer I level
· Must be able to prepare and review complex engineering calculations and analyses. Apply engineering principles to analyze and resolve problems. Prepare and review cost and budget estimates and develop project schedules.
· Must possess knowledge of project management theories and concepts, engineering practices and concepts, and cost analysis, and be able to apply this knowledge in daily operations.
· Must possess the ability to review problems and propose innovative solutions, which involve technical, operational, and economic issues, and may link new concepts and technologies
· Must possess strong leadership skills and demonstrate good management practices
· Ability to provide direction and guidance to fellow engineers
· Must be able to identify and resolve conflicts in schedules, or the relationship of interdependent functions such as cost, schedule and quality parameters
· Must be able to determine project requirements, assess the abilities within the work group and appropriately delegate to team members. Responsible for providing team goals and evaluating performance.
· Requires the ability to assess the potential financial impact of a project in the Company, as well as the impact on existing Company facilities and operating, marketing and regulatory philosophies and procedures
· Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication
· Must clearly and concisely communicate technical and non-technical economic concepts with all leve ls of management in both formal and informal settings
· Must possess strong negotiation skills to conduct effective contract negotiations with consultants and engineering or construction firms
· Maintain calm under pressure; Encourage respectful dialogue; Confront difficult situations without bias; Act within realistic timeframe for resolution; Resolve conflicts through fair negotiation.
Licenses and Certifications
· The Senior Engineer must be registered as professional engineer in the state of California
· The Senior Engineer must provide technical expertise to other teams within the department and other departments within the Company
· Provide technical advice to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations, and analyses. Provide for the development of junior staff within the work group through mentoring and providing technical guidance
· Manage and coordinate all engineering related activities leading to the successful completion of projects and/or programs, including, determination of scope, identification of resources (internal and external), selection of consultants, engineering, cost estimates, budgeting, permitting, design, material procurement and start-up support.
· Provide direction to contractors, consultants, Company engineers, technical specialists, and the remainder of the project team. Develop and/or utilize project control systems to control budget and schedule. Provide timely status reports to the client.
· Development or improvement of program processes.
· Develop and obtain approval of designs, systems or program parameters which establish performance, safety and reliability requirements for proposed projects. Analyze proposals for practicability and compatibility with overall project and existing systems, and Gas Standards.
· Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry. Maintain deep knowledge of Company operations to effectively support client requests.
· Interpret state and federal codes, industry standards and specifications for customers and internal clients
· Develop and provide input on Company standards, specifications and procedures governing selection, design, application and operation of materials, components, and systems, which meet Company needs on a long-term basis and with optimum economic considerations
· Review proposed changes in regulatory requirements and prepare Company response. Ensure that changes in regulatory or code requirements are addressed through appropriate programs and modifications to applicable Gas Standards.
· Participate in, and provide technical input to, review of proposed changes to codes and standards. Recommend modifications to Gas Standards that reflect regulatory changes.
· Represent the Company's interests on industry committees regarding codes and standards.
Ability To Review Problems /Propose Solutions
B.S. In Engineering Required
Knowledge Of Project Management Theories/Concepts
Master's In Engineering Desirable
Prepare/Review Complex Engineering Calculations
Strong Leadership Skills