Q3 Contracting, a division of Primoris Services Corporation, is a publicly owned and operated construction contracting company that provides both specific and turnkey services for its customers in the gas, oil, electric and telecommunications industry. We are headquartered in Minnesota, with branch offices in Colorado, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Michigan, Maryland and Ohio.
We have an immediate opening for an Area Supervisor. This position will report directly to the Area Manager in Des Moines, IA.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Organize and direct the field labor force daily, to complete the scheduled work in a safe, quality and timely manner without supervision, creating a results-driven environment.
- Leads and accepts responsibility for the successful completion of field operations related to utility construction with an emphasis on quality and safety.
- Educating & certifying the adherence of Q3C policies & Customer Standards among the Field Crews.
- Focus on crew project management, working to reduce crew inefficiencies.
- Involvement required in new employee onboarding & placement within the assigned area.
- Coaching and instructing existing employees into crew leadership roles.
- Work closely with the QA & Safety departments to ensure compliance in the field with existing staff.
- Lead by example & professionally conduct themselves to the Public and Customers while representing Q3C in a Leadership Role.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three (3) years Foreman / Supervisory experience in a gas utility environment.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of team development and employee mentoring capabilities.
- Attention to detail and understanding of all utility construction processes.
- General computer knowledge and the use of Microsoft programs.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, employee and customer relationships skills and the ability to coordinate several tasks at once and work under strict deadlines, while ensuring safety, customer standards and compliance policies are followed.
- Must be dependable, and willing and able to perform physically demanding work in the elements.
- Able to work flexible hours including but not limited to morning evening, weekend, and some night.
It’s an exciting time to join Q3 Contracting! We are growing and need to add talent. Q3 Contracting’s goal is to exceed customer expectation with superior service, workmanship and innovative problem solving. If you fit our culture and are looking for a new position, with opportunities to advance and grow with a reputable, stable company, look no further!
Q3 Contracting is a drug-free environment and all candidates are subject to drug testing.
Q3 Contracting provides competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Qualified veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.