We have an amazing opportunity for a Human Resource Specialist with a well-established company and a leader in the agricultural industry. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity, and the company offers excellent benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life, AD & D, 401k, as well as employee stock. The pay rate for this position is $26/hr. If you are qualified and interested, submit a resume ASAP!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Assists in the administration and processing of payroll.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; tracks and record-keeping of applicant pool/binder and writes and places advertisements.
- Facilitate drug screens, background checks, physicals, and other pre-employment processes.
- Assist in new hire orientations to include translation of safety training presentation and materials.
- Assists with employee relations counseling, processing of terminations, and conducts exit interviews.
- Oversee recording keeping and forms compliance regarding personnel ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resources' information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Interpret and translate both verbal and written material as needed.
- Organize and distribute monthly employee newsletter.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
Travel to various worksites is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience - Minimum of 4 plus years in human resource role with the ideal candidate possessing a bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resource management and/or human resource certification.
Language Skills - Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and/or written communication skills; bilingual is Spanish is required.
Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multi0ply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratios, rates, and percent.
Organizational Skills - Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently. Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work quality.
Judgment and Decision Making - A commitment to ethical behavior and ability to maintain confidentiality with strong customer service orientation.
Employee Relations Skills - Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and address problems in a timely manner.
Safety and Security - Actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, and use equipment and materials properly.
Computer Skills - Strong computer skills in Excel and Word, Paychex experience a plus.
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**