PrimeSource Building Products, Inc., one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors of building supply products, seeks an experienced Distribution Manager to grow our business and ensure profitability in the New Brunswick, NJ area.
The person in this position will managSome responsibilities include the following. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Manages the Profit & Loss.
- Plans, budgets, forecasts and expenses control.
- Maximizes profit growth while properly managing company assets.
- Hires, teach, coach and retain the highest level of quality personnel.
- Support employees by providing good working conditions, equitable pay programs and on-going career development. Conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Effectively communicates Company goals and objectives to Distribution Center staff.
- Works in conjunction with Distribution Center staff in order to establish goals and objectives.
- Maintains a high level of quality control at all levels within the Distribution Center.
- Maintains positive customer and vendor relations.
- Recommends product selection and pricing levels for local markets.
- Keeps the Company informed of local market and competitive conditions.
- Develops effective inter-department communications and working relationships within PrimeSource.
- Reviews bills of lading for incoming merchandise and customer orders in order to plan work activities.
- Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinates activities of distribution warehouse with activities of record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
- Directs reclamation of damaged merchandise and other returns & credits.
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing company safety policies.
- Responsible for staying current and adhering to all Human Resources policies and courses.
- Responsible for staying current and adhering to all JSOX policies and initiatives.
- Travels to customers.
e 3-5 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 5-35 employees in the Warehouse Operations and Administration. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises 2-5 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Responsible for the successful implementation of all short and long range goals for the Distribution Center assigned. Specifically pertaining to goals regarding; finance, operations, and human resources.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the building materials industry is a major plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge and understanding of CRM systems, Company Reporting Software, Internet Software, Spreadsheet, Word Processing software and SAP a must.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.