DATA SCIENTIST (ENTRY LEVEL)
Are you ready to be part of the next generation of tech?
ENTITY Academy is looking for women who want to transform their professional prospects with a career in tech. According to the World Economic Forum, there is a significant skills gap for women seeking to enter tech fields. Only 26% of women in data science and AI have the tools needed to land jobs in these industries, creating a serious gender imbalance in tech.
ENTITY offers an 8-month, 33-week, virtual program that can help you build a career where you can make a global impact and get rewarded for doing so. No experience necessary. Even if you're a complete beginner, the program will help you master the skills needed to land entry-level positions in Data Science. 88% of our graduates have landed a role with a top company such as one of the 150+ companies in ENTITY’s network of employers that includes IBM, Amazon, and Boeing.
And to make sure you're ready to hit the ground running after graduation, ENTITY provides soft-skills training and mentorship, which focuses on leadership development and connects you with a supportive community. This program will provide you with the right career services to help you land a job in data science.
Not only will you have completed an industry-relevant curriculum, but you will walk away with an improved personal resume, strong interview skills, and a robust portfolio with real-world applicable projects to showcase to potential employers.
Data Scientist Background Requirements:
● Willingness to learn
● Having a background in business, advertising, entertainment, healthcare, or education is a plus, but not required.
● You will be prepared for an entry-level position in data science
● You will be assigned to a one-on-one technical mentor
● You will be given access to the ENTITY Mentor Network which includes data scientists and STEM leaders from Microsoft, Boeing, NASA, Google, Disney, Chipotle, and more.
ENTITY is dedicated to changing the future of education and work. We first launched in 2016 and have since grown to become a premier mentorship company offering intensive training for women looking to upskill, switch careers, or transition from college to the workforce. This is an opportunity designed for ambitious women (and men) who want to explore their career options within the data and tech landscape, while gaining valuable skills at the same time.
During this 8-month training and mentorship program, you will work remotely on a variety of projects that include:
- Statistical Programming (R)
- Extracting and Organizing Databases (SQL)
- Programming Foundations (Python)
- Data Wrangling and Visualization
- Machine Learning and Modeling
- Metrics and Data Processing
- Big Data Concepts with MapReduce & PySpark
- Data Visualization with Jupyter Notebook & Tableau
- Business Analytics Training
- Group Project Addressing Real-World Problem of Your Choice
- 1-on-1 Career-Coaching Sessions with Mock Interview
- Building a Professional Resume and Portfolio to Present to Potential Employers
- Business Analytics
- Data Processing
- Data Visualization
- Jupyter Notebook
- Machine Learning
- Python (Programming Language)