To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Creative Financial Staffing • Tampa, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Our client, a strongly performing company, is seeking a Senior SEC Accountant due to growth.This opportunity boasts incredible upward mobility and lots of visibility with executives. The ideal candidate would be someone who has had experience working with SEC filling. This person will enjoy a nice work life balance, phenomenal benefits, and an excellent company culture. The company has been in the top 10 places to work in the Tampa Bay area in the last several years and has been nominated one of the fastest growing businesses in the Tampa market.
Responsibilities of SEC Accountant:
- The SEC Accountant Reports directly to the VP
- Compilation of financial statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis and all other components of SEC filings included in quarterly 10-Q's and annual 10-K's.
- Review of all external financial communications including news releases and investor presentations.
- Work with external auditors, SEC counsel and senior management to organize the overall external reporting process.
- Help the Company's XBRL reporting process.
- Research accounting related issues in accordance with GAAP. Provide GAAP interpretation and document a conclusion in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Collaborate with employees from other departments and the company's independent auditors to ensure proper accounting for complicated transactions and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, including drafting accounting policy memos to document basis and conclusion.
- Coordinate review and approval process with auditors, senior management, and legal counsel for external filings.
- Assist with the management of the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance, overseeing financial and accounting system controls.
- The SEC Accountant will be preparing monthly and quarterly work papers used in SEC filings, including roll-forwards and reconciliations.
- The SEC Accountant should have a BS/BA accounting degree and relevant work experience.
- 1+ years accounting and SEC reporting experience required. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent technical accounting experience. Ability to research authoritative literature for proper accounting procedures.
- Extensive Excel capabilities required.
- Ability to work with a team and independently and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: SEC Accountant, SEC Senior Accountant, SEC Analyst, SEC Accounting Manager, 10K, 10Q, 10-k, 10-q