Business Office Manager - Long Term Care Facility
A Long Term Care Facility located in the Kansas City, MO area is currently recruiting a business professional, with health care experience preferred, for the full time position of Business Office Manager.
The ideal candidate for the Business Office Manager position will have a minimum of a High School diploma, with a college degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of Medicaid, Medicare, Private Insurance, managed care costing and analysis, accounts receivable/collections, accounts payable, resident funds, general ledger, and management of information systems. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to organize and prioritize many tasks effectively.
The position of Business Office Manager is responsible for maintaining corporate business office policies and direct supervision of the A/P, A/R, and Resident Funds staff.
The position of Business Office Manager's responsibilities include:
- Directs processing of accounts receivable, adjustments, private and third party agencies, and census information.
- Manages resident trust funds and maintains confidential files
- Manages collections of past due residents’ accounts receivable and provides reports on these to the Executive Director.
- Organizes, evaluates and monitors business office operations to ensure these functions are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Verifies insurance coverage.
- Demonstrate abilities to bill correctly and collect all monies owed.
- Supervises Business Office Staff and recommends adjustments or corrections as required.
Our employees enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans, along with a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in a Long Term Care setting preferred.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Medicare. Medicaid, Private Insurance, managed care costing and analysis, accounts receivable/collections, resident funds, accounts payable, general ledger and management of information systems.
- Ability to make independent decisions and problem solve as appropriate.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures of the business department.
- Ability to positively interact with personnel, customers, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Knowledge of and experience with computers and office machines.