Major US based manufacturer is seeking a Human Resource Manager to support a 145 non-union employee facility and who will serve as the HR business partner supporting the VPHR and will work closely to develop HR goals and initiatives that align with the business strategy.
This position is the liaison with the local management team as an advisor on human resources-related issues and activities (corporate and/or business driven) including employee development, succession planning, performance management, compensation, employee relations, benefit schemes, employee involvement initiatives, talent recruitment and selection, and policy and ethics compliance. Provides oversight and guidance related to all terms and conditions of employment.
This position will be the change agent for the business and will continually assess and anticipate HR-related needs and proactively seek viable solutions.
Key words: Employee Relations; Unio n Negotiations and Grievances; State and Federal Labor Laws; HR systems; HIPPA; SOX, E-Verify: Worker’s Comp; Training, Coaching, Performance Reviews: Hiring and On-boarding.
A detailed job description will be provided to candidate’s meeting general requirements.
A Bachelor’s degree in HR, business administration, or related and 7+ years of employee relations experience.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Working at a publicly traded company and familiar with SOX requirements
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Culture and change champion
• Strong business acumen
• Strong time management and priorities management; analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledgeable about employment laws and regulatory issues (i.e. ADA, FMLA, EEO, AAP)
• Must be extremely well organized and have an eye for details.
• Excellent communicator and must work well with all levels of the organization.
• Handle and maintain the confidentiality as well as be a trusted member of the HR Staff
• Preferred skills: Financial and business acumen; Project Management skills; Lean/CI
Human Resources Information System (Hris)