Come join us at ACI’s Hiring Event –Thursday, October 3, 2019 from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm!
Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as an industry leader in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over 50 years.
Job Title: Benefits Specialist
Reports to: HR Manager
The Benefits Specialist position is responsible for handling the day-to-day administrative support for all group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, accident plan, legal plans, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and health savings account).
- Coordinates group benefit programs by processing new hires, enrollments, terminations, changes, disability claims, accident and death claims, etc.
- Supports employees in the enrollment of their benefits offerings and manages any changes to benefits and its communication
- Serves as a primary contact for employees, vendors and third party administrators regarding benefit related questions and is the subject matter expert on benefit offerings
- Coordinates annual open enrollment and communicates plan to educate employees on benefit programs and changes
- Assists in the development and distribution of benefit communication materials
- Works with vendor's and Vice President of Human Resources to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained
- Stays abreast of current trends and regulatory issues surrounding benefit and compliance
- Works with vendor to implement and maintain company’s Wellness Program
- Builds strong relationships with plan providers, ensuring the successful transmission/receipt of vendor interface files for services, premiums and plan administration
- Handles all data files to vendors/carriers to include COBRA
- Reconciles monthly billing, to include voluntary benefits
- Provides the technical support, test system functionality and work with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The work environment and physical demands required would be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment
- Position may require visits to construction site
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines
- May require infrequent travel (typically not overnight)
Atlantic Constructors offers competitive benefits, for more information check out our comprehensive list on our website.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business other related field and 3+ years of benefits experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferably in a construction environment)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of benefit laws and regulations, including ACA requirements, ERISA and Section 125 Cafeteria plans
- Experience processing complex benefits invoices including reconciliations, validations and account coding
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Office365 applications (intermediate experience in Excel to include data manipulation, pivot table etc.), to share, retrieve, research and present business information
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history)
- Must adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours as needed including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience in Viewpoint
- Prior military experience
Employee Retirement Income Security Act
Extended Hours Trading