Title: EHS Specialist
Location: Lower Manhattan, NY
Duration: 6+ months
This is accomplished by:
· Analyzing highly difficult and complex regulations and documents, synthesizing data to determine the relevance of findings, and making sound recommendations to EHS leadership for consideration based on logical conclusions.
· Conducting operational analysis to understand the interrelationships between functions and departments and to identify the impact of changes in one part of the organization to the other.
· Conducting independent research of varying difficulty and complexity to provide findings and make recommendations to EHS leadership to obtain optimum organizational efficiency.
· Organizing complex text and processes in sequential order and presenting them in a logical manner.
· Leading meetings with subject matter experts to obtain process and procedural information.
· Editing documents of a high degree of difficulty and complexity.
· Work with EHS personnel to incorporate internal controls that close policy and compliance gaps in procedural documents.
· Perform special projects, ad-hoc analysis, and prepare relevant reports and presentations as assigned.
· At least five years of full-time experience in producing Environmental Health and Safety procedural and policy documents in a large and diverse organization.
· Possess strong conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated proficiency in conveying complex, technical ideas to various levels of staff through writing and speaking.
· Ability to manage relationships, balance competing priorities, and manage both up and down.
· Experience managing high-priority projects that involve high levels of discretion.
· Experience working collaboratively to develop and execute project plans.
· Ability to independently manage assigned projects.
· Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage change.
· Firm working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and Visio.
Environmental Health And Safety