SUMMARY: Uses various lab equipment to perform QC inspection on incoming materials, finished goods, and packaged products to ensure conformance to quality standards. Plays key role in non-conformance containment and implementation of process changes.
•Perform first piece inspection.
•Inspect chosen units or components in accordance with check list & engineering drawings.
•Maintain and document records and results in Quality System.
•Perform related duties necessary to test finished units for quality and accuracy in the production process.
•Assist in gage calibration program.
•Performs visual inspection of product during all phases of manufacturing.
•Inspect products and processes to ensure all work done meets or exceeds standards of the company’s quality program.
•Perform tests as needed in the Quality or Engineering Lab.
• HS Diploma or GED
• Some college preferred
• Minimum 3 years of Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers etc.)
• Read and interpret engineering drawings
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Access , Word, Powerpoint)
• Works cooperatively and congenially with co-workers to achieve cohesive and productive work processes
Must be able to:
• Perform activities including bending, stooping, standing, walking and lifting.
• Stand and walk from four (6) to six (8) hours per day
• Climb up and down stairs
• Operate common office equipment, i.e. PC, phone, copier, printer, fax
• Use various measuring instruments, i.e. tape measure, calipers
Product Quality Assurance