Coast Personnel Services is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for a well established Manufacturing company in North San Jose, CA. This is a Temp to Hire position on Day Shift 8am to 5pm Monday thur Friday.
Balances daily and month end accounts receivable to general ledger balances. Investigates outstanding invoices, makes collection calls, negotiates payment terms, and processes liens for collections when necessary. Enters data into accounts receivable general ledger accounts.
· Responsible for accounts receivable collections, communicating with customers about payment confirmations, maintaining department email inbox, billing discrepancies and questions; working with the customer service department to resolve discrepancies
· Daily - Processing Customer Credit Card Payments
· As Needed – Review Billing records to research double pay issues or billing errors which cause delay in payment
· Collect on all open AR for assigned part of the alphabet
· Cash posting
· Communicating with customers and internal staff to resolve invoice dispute issues.
· Monitoring credit department email inbox
· Processing customer credit applications; Credit Reference Check and D&B Reports
· Other AR projects as requested by Manager
· High School graduate or GED
· One year experience with collections process and A/R cycle
· Excellent aptitude with Excel
· Excellent aptitude with Math
· Basic understanding of principles of finance and accounting
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· A high level of motivation with a strong work ethic
· Effective interpersonal skills and a positive outlook
An An ability to prioritize, work independently and maintain a professional/friendly demeanor is essential.
Maintain Indexed Record