To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9277 Centre Pointe Drive
West Chester Township, OH 45069
- Kirk Hathaway
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
System Engineer - Backup & Storage
Logicalis • West Chester Township, OH
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supports client environments as member of Logicalis’ 24x7x365 operations team. Responsible for support, incident management, problem management and change management for devices and resources monitored by Logicalis Managed Services. Provides Tier 3 engineering and support for relevant technology of environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring and support for backup and storage hardware and software used by Windows and UNIX operating systems in both Logicalis Data Centers and remote client locations.
• Supports clients with design, implementation, daily monitoring and maintenance of backup solutions implemented within client or LEC infrastructure across heterogeneous operating system (OS) platforms.
• Supports escalated backup and storage support issues, coordinate communications between operations staff and supports staff to resolve complex issues.
• Acts as escalation point for lower tier technical teams; directs team members in incident, problem and change request resolution and provides guidance on projects.
• Maintains strong relationships with Veritas including ExSP reporting.
• Defines and manages backup and storage the backup integration to Logicalis monitoring and reporting (Nimsoft) and ticketing (Service Now).
• Participates in managing customer change requests and problem ticket resolution.
• Demonstrates expert level skills in areas of design, implements and troubleshoots complex backup recovery and storage environments.
• Interacts with other support departments to provide resilient computing environments for Logicalis customers.
• Documents environments, processes and procedures to enable support of environments by other members of the backup and storage team.
• Provides periodic environment review and suggests enhancements of services or resiliency of environments.
• Works with Service Delivery Managers (SDMs) to propose enhancements to clients’ storage infrastructure to meet compute environment requirements.
• Remains current on technical and company related literature/correspondence and regularly reviews administrative procedures.
• Keeps current with manufacturer technical certifications, specialization exams, and licenses.
• Creates and documents media rotation processes including integration to Service Now and third party remote hands and offsite storage.
• Identifies, tests, evaluates, and documents backup and recovery solutions.
• Collects statistical information to monitor growth and reports to management.
• Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience / Technical Requirements
• Implementing, upgrading and administering enterprise and mid-range storage hardware and software in Fibre Channel SAN, FCoE and ISCSI environment from any major storage vendors:
o EMC Clariion/CX, VNX, XtremIO, Isilon and/or VMAX lines
o NetApp (7mode, C-DOT), AltaVault
• Implementing, upgrading and administering enterprise and SMB backup environment utilizing backup technology from any major storage vendors:
o Veeam Backup and Replication 7x through 9x
o Azure backups
o AltaVault replication to Azure cloud
• Implementing, upgrading and administering enterprise and SMB SAN environment utilizing SAN technology from any major SAN vendors:
o Brocade director and enterprise SAN switches including FCIP, VSAN, extended fabric, etc.)
o Cisco director and enterprise SAN switches including FCIP, VSAN, extended fabric, etc.)
• Administrative scripting (ex: VBScript, ADSI, Perl, WMI, etc.).
• Testing, researching and implementing Disaster Recovery technologies in NetBackup, Veeam and storage technologies context.
• Creating, documenting and testing Disaster Recovery procedures.
• Managing large server environments (hundreds of servers).
• Virtual Tape Library (VTL) environments, disk-to-tape and disk-to-disk solutions such as Data Domain or HP StoreOnce.
• Various tape libraries and tape drives, ISA servers, and blades.
• Networking technologies (TCP/IP, routing, etc.).
• SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc.).
• Configuration of client-side storage management applications.
• Working with enterprise SAN switch infrastructures including zoning and monitoring of McData, Qlogic, Cisco or Brocade brands.
• Performing data replication, both local and extended distance, with any major vendor products:
o EMC Timefinder/SRDF, EMC RPA, IBM Flashcopy/PPRC, HP Business Copy/Continuous Access, NetApp SnapMirror, SnapVault
• Managing storage virtualization under products such as IBM SVC, EMC VPLEX, IBM V7000 or NetApp Series line.
• Managing NAS units such as Dell PowerVault, Onstor or EMC Celerra lines, NetApp.
• Managing storage on any major Unix operating systems: AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, or Linux.
• General cognizance of storage metrics, storage trend analysis and reporting.
• General scripting skills using sh, ksh, perl, kixtart, vbs or wsh or any other variation of scripting languages.
• Migration skills such as moving data centers and moving platforms.
• Data de-duplication technologies (DataDomain, ExaGrid, etc.).
• Backup and storage encryption methods.
• Supporting sales teams (i.e. pre-sales Technical Consultant).
• Encryption Key Lifecycle Management.
• Intermediate to high level knowledge of Windows Administration.
• Intermediate to high level knowledge of AIX/Linux/UNIX Administration.
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Administration of Veritas NetBackup 7.6.1 (or higher)
Other Skills and Abilities
• Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
• Earns client, partner, and employee trust and respect through demonstrating commitment to exceed expectations.
• Breaks down ideas, problems, or opportunities into components, solve problems, and implement client requests.
• Eager to evaluate and test new manufacturer products, services, troubleshooting, installation, and configuration techniques.
• Works effectively under pressure and stressful situations.
• Stays on leading edge of technology by learning new techniques and methods through continual education.
• Evaluates, escalates, and exercises good judgment and make decisions based on limited information.
• Works as stand alone or in team environment.
• Eager to work pro-actively and to do what is expected at all times.
• Available for on-call duties that include 24x7 responses on rotating basis within team.
• Meets deadlines by prioritizing work requests based on sense of urgency.
• Strong technical and client interaction skills.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Follows through with tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
• Superb customer service skills.
• Local travel and overnight travel between Logicalis offices may be necessary (typically less than 5%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.