To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3500 Lacey Road
Chicago, IL 60515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Public Sector IT Sales Specialist
Logicalis • Chicago, IL
Posted 21 hours ago
Travel - Up to 50%
Experience - 5 to greater than 15 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Consulting
Information Technology, Consultant, Business Development
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Logicalis’ GovEd Solutions team. Responsible for enabling Logicalis’ Account Executives to understand regional and national public sector landscape, specifically relating to K-12, Higher Education, and Local/State Government. Works with Logicalis’ Sales teams/leaders, Solution Architects and other internal groups to provide insight for GovEd customers/prospects. Provides expertise on large, complex opportunities. Participates in sales cycle, knows how to consultatively engage with customers, and is measured against GovEd sales results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participates in GovEd practice as SME in all things relating to SLED.
• Understands GovEd specific solutions and offerings and can speak to how these technologies impact SLED customers.
• Establishes relationships with Public Sector OEMs at both channel and direct sales level.
• Communicates internally with other Logicalis departments, representing GovEd perspective.
• Understands and implements consistent discovery methodology with customers/prospects and coaches this methodology with sales team.
• Delivers strong Logicalis Points-of-View (POV) in each GovEd segments: K-12, Higher Education and Local/State Government.
• Communicates Logicalis’ value proposition at stakeholder level (Superintendents, CIOs, Presidents, Chancellors, Deans, Boards of Education, Boards/Councils, CxOs, etc.).
• Participates with Marketing to create high-quality sales content (e.g. reference stories, storytelling, battle cards, blogging, etc.).
• Works with Sales to identify, qualify and develop opportunities.
• Helps Sales team in understanding how customers/prospects can procure formal bids, RFP’s, contract use, consortiums, etc..
• Understands best practice sales approach and proven sales execution strategies (consultative selling).
• Reports accurately and consistently in Salesforce.com regarding opportunity engagement and deal status (in conjunction with sales team).
• Aligns to territory/geography and is responsible for clear understanding of territory resources and skills.
• Understands customer footprint and references in specific territory.
• Understands competitive landscape in specific territory.
• Maintains knowledge of pricing trends and patterns, both regionally and nationally.
• Understands GovEd contract vehicles (government contracts) in specific territory and works with Logicalis Government Contracts Specialist.
• Collaborates with Sales team in pursuit planning and developing opportunity strategies.
• Collaborates with Sales team with “Voyage-based” discussions specific for segment (e.g. Digital Learning, Personalized Learning, Connected Transportation, Virtualization, etc.).
• Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Support and conduct self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Experience / Technical Requirements
• 5 years in IT marketplace with experience in the following:
o Consultative selling with certified completion in nationally recognized programs
o Understanding of technical solutions in areas of: LAN/WAN/WLAN, Collaboration, Security, Data Center, Managed Services, and other technologies
o IoT and Data Analytics
o Matrix communication and collaborative selling with multiple resources
o Sales forecasting and reporting skills
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certifications/completion in technology and sales related learning .
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where organizational skills are essential.
• Ability to explain technical solutions in a way that non-technical people will understand; ability to provide understanding of how proposed solution will solve client’s business needs, requirements and problems.
• Fluency in formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas.
• Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
• Strong technical and customer interaction skills.
• Ability to multi-task and accommodate requests from multiple clients and from Logicalis internal teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.
Job ID: 5011
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.