Supports client environments as member of Logicalis’ 24x7x365 operations team. Responsible for support, incident management, problem management and change management for devices and resources monitored by Logicalis Managed Services. Provides Tier 3 engineering and support for relevant technology of environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs break/fix troubleshooting, server and software updates and feature enhancements to relevant technology infrastructure; implements and troubleshoots complex environments.
• Responds and solves client issues utilizing technology tools, procedures, and training through awareness of service offerings and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Understands Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and follows predefined ITIL incident, problem and change management processes in place for each client when working to resolve client requests or outages.
• Maintains current knowledge of core service offerings and SLAs. Understands all Logicalis service offerings to better support client as well as expanding any service offering to current clients.
• Supports escalated issues; coordinates communications between operations staff; supports staff to resolve complex issues.
• Participates in managing client change requests and problem ticket resolution.
• Works with Logicalis teammates to propose enhancements to client environments.
• Collects statistical information to monitor growth and reports to management.
• Acts as escalation point for Tier I and Tier II technical teams. Directs team members in incident, problem and change request resolution and guidance on projects.
• Follows change management process (peer reviewed by Tier III or Tier lV resource).
• Interacts with other support departments to provide resilient computing environments for Logicalis clients.
• Documents environments, processes and procedures to enable support of environments by other team members.
• Provides periodic environment review and suggests enhancements of services or resiliency of environments.
• Creates, uses and maintains technical and process documentation.
• Remains current on technical and company related literature/correspondence and regularly reviews administrative procedures.
• Coordinates service outages with Service Delivery Managers as required.
• Documents post-incident response and root cause analysis.
• Sets course for repeatable processes and auditing Logicalis processes against service descriptions.
• Provides technical leadership and acts as technical resource and mentor to team members.
• Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience / Technical Requirements
• 5 years’ experience in the following:
o Handling incidents from customer and automated sources.
o Completing service requests related to managed Linux resources.
o Linux systems administration, including provisioning and patching.
o Support administration and problem management.
o Client migrations and project coordination.
o Performance and capacity analysis and planning.
o Technical solutions planning.
o Design and development of administration processes.
o Advanced experience with multiple Linux-based operating systems from Red Hat and Suse as well as other open-source distributions; experience with other UNIX based operating systems.
o Advanced experience with multiple hardware platforms.
o Expert knowledge of networking, storage, security, virtualization, clustering and high availability concepts.
o Expert knowledge of system administrative practices in large scale data center environments.
• 2 years’ experience in the following:
o Upgrade/update of Docker Platform.
o Backing up Docker environments.
o Monitoring a Docker environment.
o User management in a Docker environment.
o Container orchestration.
o Adding/removing nodes from Docker environments.
• Experience working in ITIL-based incident tracking system (Service-Now).
• Intermediate to high level knowledge of Windows Administration.
• Intermediate to high level knowledge of Network Administration.
• Expert level knowledge of LINUX.
• Understanding of network and server monitoring tools and technologies.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified due to education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate since race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.