To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
630 Connecticut 97
Norwich, CT 06380
- Cheryl Calderado
- Phone: 860-859-4300
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dime Bank • Norwich, CT
Posted 2 months ago
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to ensure all Tellers provide consistent, high quality customer service, including needs identification and cross-selling/referrals, while accurately and effectually processing financial transactions in strict accordance with bank’s policies.
- Supervises Tellers – handles HR-related activities, e.g., interviewing, performance management, ETime processing, etc. in conjunction with Assistant Branch Manager and/or Branch Manager
- Processes all customer transactions in strict adherence to bank procedures, including savings; check; bond; cash; travelers checks; mortgage, consumer, and other loan payment; and night deposit transactions
- Mentors, acts as a guide, and learning resource for individuals in Teller line; including providing specific on-the-job training for new Tellers
- Employs sound judgment in decision-making and coaching activities
- Monitors Tellers to ensure compliance with bank procedures and policies
- Assists Tellers in locating cash discrepancies
- Explains, promotes, refers, and/or sells products and services based on customers’ needs, i.e., travelers checks, money orders, cashier checks
- Meets or exceeds defined individual sales, referrals, and service goals and coaches to achievement of Branch goals
- Resolves routine customer service concerns and/or notifies the appropriate authority to do so
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances according to Check Cashing guidelines
- Processes transactions on the bank’s operating system(s)
- Accurately, and in a timely fashion, balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer within specified time periods and at shift’s end (in strict accordance with bank’s guidelines); Ensures accurate cash management, e.g., ordering, shipping, levels, etc.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in automated teller machines and night depository
- Rents safe deposit boxes and opens new accounts
- Performs other assigned duties essential to the operation of the branch
- Occasionally “fills in” for other branches at the request of management
- Completes end of day branch balancing and reports
- Actively participates in community service and consistently represents Dime Bank in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills, Requirements:
Requires at least a high school diploma or its equivalent, one or two years of job related experience, and an adherence to the bank’s training policies and requirements.
- Aptitude for mathematics
- Able to strictly follow instructions, policies, procedures, regulations, and confidential protocol
- Adhere to compliance of all applicable Federal and State bank regulations, as well as Dime Bank policies and procedures
- Excellent customer service, including customer relationship building and product and services referral skills
- First-rate supervisory skills
- Top-notch communication skills
- Competent keyboard skills and familiarity with computers
- Organizational skills, i.e., maintain an organized and efficient workspace
- Ability to work closely and harmoniously with others in a busy environment
Physical Demands and Condition Requirements:
- General office environment
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift bags of coin
- General office equipment, i.e., calculator, photocopier, etc.
- Coin machine
- Bill counter
- Check filmer