Under the General Manager’s supervision, The Executive Assistant will schedule appointments, provide information to callers, draft correspondence and reports, and handle other clerical work, administrative and business details to support the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reads and routes incoming mail.
· Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by General Manager.
· Composes and types routine correspondence.
· Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
· Answers and screens General Manager's telephone calls and arranges conference calls.
· Coordinates General Manager's schedule and makes appointments.
· Greets scheduled visitors and directs to appropriate area or person.
· Assist the Receptionist with front desk duties.
· Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations for the General Manager and Assistant General Managers.
· Conducts research, compiles and types statistical reports.
· Completes monthly facility reports.
· Coordinates and arranges executive staff and other meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares meeting location, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
· Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
· Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
· Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
· Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· 2-4 years’ secretarial experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to type at least 55 wpm
· Ability to use all office equipment, computer, calculator, fax machines, copy machines
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to handle multiple tasks at a time
· Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills
· Excellent customer service and public relations skills
· Professional presentation and appearance
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.