To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fremont, CA
- Jade Thompson (Corporate Recruiter)
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation • Fremont, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Raymond Handling Concepts Corp. is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close journal entries and reports. Successful applicants will also have some experience with tax filing and audits and be an experienced user of Excel. This position will report to the Controller.
The duties of the General Accountant will include the following:
· Daily cash position reporting, analyze the positive pay results and distribute to management.
· Maintain the Rental fleet inventory regarding analyzing and posting monthly deprecation. Assisting Rentals and Renewed departments. Balance the inventory accounts to the General Ledger. Maintain account of the rental fleet regarding acquisition, depreciation, transfers and disposal for the annual audit and company tax return.
· Commission reconciliation, audit, verify and resolve discrepancies by auditing calculations; Perform Ad hoc reporting, analysis and reconciliation of commission revenue and production data. Continually assess the commission processing procedures and look for ways to improve accuracy and efficiency.
· Assist with annual insurance renewal information. Prepare journal entries and reconcile general liability insurance and coordinate annual liability and workers comp audits.
· Responsible for reconciling, monthly state sales tax reports. Work closely with vendors and auditors in maintaining registering reporting of all sates sales and use tax compliance. Maintain customer resale certificate database and upload to third party system.
· On annual basis prepare and submit property tax reports and coordinate with AP the payment of bills and maintain and reconcile accruals. Coordinate any property tax audit.
Experience and Skills
- Cash related journal entries
- Reverse all journal entries in EBS from prior month’s accruals.
- Reconcile quarterly G/L to RL schedules.
- Initiate outgoing wires to Enterprise, Raymond Leasing and Raymond Corp at Bank of the West.
- Review and book (Journal Entry) monthly American Express Statements – including accrue of sales taxes not collected by vendor and Avalara tax report by the 5th of the month.
- Review and book (Journal Entry) monthly Credit Card Statements from RHSI.
- Allocate prepaid medical, dental, vision and life insurance payments to individual branches and departments by journal entries which Stacey emails to me monthly.
- Upload Journal Entries to EBS system (JE’S for AR, AP, Billings and Grace).
- At month-end download bank statements from Bank of the West for all bank accounts.
- Reconcile Cash for both CN & NW bank accounts.
- Set up monthly binders for Journal Entries and month-end reports.
- Last day of every month – run the Future G/L posting reports to see if any wrong new posting is there for the current month that needs to be corrected. (wrong posting dates used).
- Reconcile Intercompany balances daily during closing.
- Run EBS financial statements to update and balance the ControlBal and the P&L reports.
- Reconcile Intercompany AP balance against the BT-17’s
- Enter in to COGNOS all schedules and reconciles to Raymond Corporation.
- Reconcile various G/L accounts monthly.
- Assist in Sales Tax audits.
- Assist in IRS audits.
- Archive all G/L and Financial Statements Files.
Minimum of a Business or Accounting Degree or equivalent is required. Must have at least five years of experience in using a computerized accounting system. Computer skills, as well as 10-key required.