To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Oncology Regional Sales Manager - Texas
Bayer • Dallas, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Bayer’s oncology division is undergoing an impressive growth trajectory and significant R&D investment. We invested nearly $3B in pharmaceutical R&D spending for 2016 with a significant portion dedicated to oncology as a core division. In September of 2017, Bayer received an accelerated approval of ALIQOPA (copanlisib), PI3K inhibitor which was developed solely by Bayer from its own laboratory, for 3rd line follicular lymphoma entering into Hematologic Malignancy business. Aliqopa has 59% overall response rate as a single agent in this heavily pre-treated 3rd line FL population. In November of 2017, Bayer announced a partnership with Loxo Oncology to develop and market Vitrakvi (LOXO-101) and LOXO-195 globally. In findings first presented at the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting and later confirmed by an independent review committee, Vitrakvi was associated with a 75% overall response rate in patients with a range of TRK fusion-positive solid tumors. In early 2019, Bayer exercised the option to obtain full rights to the global development and commercialization of Vitrakvi and the follow-up compound BAY 2731954 (LOXO 195). Both Vitrakvi and Aliqopa targets rare patient population where medical unmet needs are high.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for leading a field team towards a successful launch of Vitrakvi and executing on the launch of Aliqopa. The incumbent will focus on both the hematology oncology and solid tumor franchises in numerous tumor types to the adult and pediatric Oncology community. S/he will be responsible for ensuring team collaboration across the Oncology portfolio as well as with an alliance partnership for Vitrakvi. S/he has the ability to lead a team across a widespread geography to continue the success of Bayer’s hematology oncology franchise and launch a product in a niche market in multiple tumor types. In addition, the RSM will be responsible for hiring, managing and developing Oncology field sales team and manage regional business needs and expectations. S/he will have the ability to engage and motivate field sales representatives toward a paradigm shift in the Oncology industry, while exceeding an established sales goal for Vitrakvi and Aliqopa.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Regional Sales Manager, are to:
- Successfully grow Vitrakvi and Aliqopa by implementing and directing a field sales plan within the assigned region so as to achieve states sales goals;
- Direct a field sales plan aligned with the brand strategy within the assigned sales regions to exceed stated sales goals;
- Coach, mentor and develop sales personnel to attain or exceed their sales territory goals;
- Conduct well planned inspirational sales meetings designed to convey product knowledge, selling skills, collaboration and teamwork;
- Utilize strong business acumen to analyze national, regional and territory data with the ability to ask appropriate business questions to extract insights in order to provide additional guidance and direction leading to opportunity;
- Evaluate sales results, taking action or making recommendations to enhance or correct behavior and/or performance;
- Work with human resources in establishing and maintaining an active recruiting program designed to fill vacancies quickly with qualified personnel;
- Facilitate interdisciplinary dialogue to activate Dx testing and TRK fusion positive patient identification;
- Ensure sales consultants develop institutional sales plans to activate accounts re: testing and then pull through demand generation across various stakeholders;
- Appropriately allocate regional sales budget and controlling expenses to align with business strategies and objectives;
- Routinely make field contact with regional sales consultants to ascertain skills, provide oral and written feedback on effectiveness and potential;
- Implement management development programs to provide succession planning candidates for future leadership positions;
- Ability to process and manage real-time targeting data (alerts, Dx testing data, claims data) to prioritize accounts / HCPs for rep interaction;
- Serve as quarterback to compliantly manage patient identification and hand-off across various Bayer colleagues (MSLs, Account Managers, Reps, Field Reimbursement Managers);
- Experience motivating and incenting representatives in low patient volume and long selling cycle environments;
- Ensure adherence to company compliance, policy and guidelines.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, Efficiency). More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of demonstrated leadership capabilities;
- Successful track record in field sales defined as consecutive years of increased sales or market share;
- Awareness of changing Oncology dynamics with the ability to facilitate this change through leadership and coaching;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
- Ability to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills;
- Passionate and self-motivated individual.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of pharmaceutical, biotech, medical, or diagnostic sales experience (in combination of sales training, sales operations, marketing, market access and/or sales) experience;
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of Oncology sales, rare disease or diagnostic sales management experience;
- Strong clinical expertise in various tumor types preferred (niche tumors, CRC, lung, GIST, sarcoma) experience with companion diagnostic;
- Experience in hematology oncology, with knowledge of follicular lymphoma;
- Experience with leading teams in an alliance partnerships a plus;
- Experience leading a team in selling in the Academic institutions or large Oncology accounts a plus;
- Experience in launching new products and/or indications.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: TX-Dallas, TX-Fort Worth, TX-Houston
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level: Professional