About the Job
The Enrollment Counselor position for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Enrollment Director. This position requires a significant amount of phone work, one-on-one admissions counseling, and business development. The primary responsibility of Enrollment Counselors is to guide prospective adult students successfully through the University’s admissions process by using counseling, sales, and soft skills along with effective follow up in order to assist prospective students in becoming enrolled with the University.
Colorado Christian University is the premier interdenominational Christian university in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, delivering world class education to thousands of students. The fully accredited, nonprofit University is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.
Colorado Christian University was founded in 1914 on two principles — grace and truth. CCU’s scriptural foundation comes from John 1:17: For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (ESV)
CCU's mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
A leader in higher education, the University has been consistently ranked in the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide for its core curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. CCU has had nine consecutive years of enrollment growth and has been named one of the five fastest-growing master’s granting universities by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
CCU offers more than 100 degree program options for traditional and adult students through its College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Adult and Graduate Studies. More than 8,000 students attend the University on the main campus, in regional centers throughout Colorado, and online.
Scripture states all Christians are called to serve Christ and to minister to others. Because Christians are individuals with different gifts and callings, we serve Christ in a variety of ministry vocations. CCU invites you to explore how you may use your calling and gifts at the University.
What is most appealing about working at CCU?
- Live out your calling: We are a traditional evangelical university where you can invest your God-given talents and abilities alongside coworkers and teammates, while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Impact students for Christ: Our mission is to provide Christ-centered higher education, transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of preparing students for positions of significant leadership in the church, business, government, education, and other professions, as a key part of our University's Strategic Priorities.
- Contribute to our vibrant culture: CCU’s culture is unique to higher education. Where else can you read the Holy Bible, pray with teammates and students at work, and impact our culture in support of Christian values?
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- 3-5 years of experience in college/university admissions, public relations, corporate development, marketing, or other related industries. A bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals and utilize proven marketing techniques; inbound/outbound telesales experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member or as an individual contributor.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Experience with admissions software and customer relationship management systems (CRM) is preferred.
Key Job Duties
- Apply proven marketing and sales techniques to attract students to Christian higher education.
- Articulate to potential students how Colorado Christian University fits into their education and career goals.
- Set and conduct one-on-one appointments and interviews with prospective students.
- Use effective needs analysis tools with prospective students to determine college readiness and program of interest to prepare prospective students for academic success.
- Present the University and its various degree programs in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies.
- Identify key sources for student recruiting opportunities through researching business development opportunities, education markets, and local event and exhibitor opportunities. Continue to cultivate relationships already established by the University.
- Work effectively and positively with other admissions team members, student service advisors, and the Registrar’s office in order to provide outstanding customer service to new students.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of healthy spiritual community with students, staff, and faculty.
- Regularly report student enrollments, corporate prospecting, and student recruiting activities to the Enrollment Director. Responsible for achieving enrollment goals as determined by the University and Enrollment Director.
- Function as a member of a University-wide team focused on enrolling, retaining, and serving adult and graduate students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You will be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Colorado Christian University expects all faculty and staff to become a part of the University community by participating in activities and events that occur on the campus throughout the year, which may occur during evenings and weekends.
What we offer our employees:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. Our benefit package includes: a tuition waiver program, excellent healthcare, generous paid time off, matching 403(b) retirement plan, and additional organizational paid benefits and voluntary benefit offerings. Pay and benefits will be discussed in more detail as candidates progress through the interview process.
Customer Relationship Management