The Technical Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of service, installation and senior technicians as assigned. Responsible for activities that contribute to overall customer satisfaction. Satisfactorily resolve customer complaints or problems, and direct activity of service, systems, and senior technicians. Strong leadership skills and knowledge of cable systems, installation and Broadband required. Company vehicle provided, 25% travel within assigned territory.
- Manage Resolution of customer problems and concerns.
- Ensure timely completion of all orders for technical staff or service, and proper notification procedures for delays in service.
- Manage, hire, train, and evaluate assigned staff.
- Complete weekly, monthly or other reports as required.
- Ensure that all company property in use by employees is properly maintained.
- Communicate directly with customers to resolve issues and/or concerns.
- Implements standard safety training and maintains daily safety inspection issues.
- Reviews and coordinates nightly check-in and rotates On-Call schedules.
- Ensures systems and staff are able to respond to the demands of new technology deployment through demonstrative methods.
- Performs duties of Installer through Maintenance Tech, as needed.
- Analyzes operations and performance to assure operational efficiencies through productivity, QC, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates department responses to customer and department issues with a strong sense of urgency.
- Works with other departments, as necessary, to maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of new technology being deployed.
- Ability to install all types of cable and run service calls to completion.
- Diagnoses all types of signal faults.
- Ability to operate computers.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, climb utility poles and drive long periods of time digging, crawling, stooping and standing.
- Complies with all OSHA safety measures.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Respond to and effectively present information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience calculating figures (discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume); applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry; solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in Database software, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of tech background within the telecom industry
- Knowledge of cable systems, cable concepts, installation and Broadband
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Production Equipment Controls