Part-time/Full-Time, Multiple Shifts.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Security Guard is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all residents, visitors, staff and protecting Community property. Responsible for verifying the scheduled presence of all employees and third party contractors on the grounds.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Makes scheduled rounds both inside and outside the buildings to maintain a secure environment for residents and their property as well as company property.
2. Responds to all fire alarms and apartment emergency calls.
3. Shovels and keeps clear exit door walkways during and after snowstorms.
4. Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor.
5. May perform light maintenance as time allows such as changing light bulbs, touch up painting and similar assignments.
6. Maintains all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition.
7. Attends in-service training and education session, as assigned.
8. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, respond quickly and be detail oriented. One year experience in security preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Light to moderate physical effort 90% of the time; may be exposed to the elements (heat, cold, rain, snow); ability to lift 50 pounds; ability to walk 90% of the work day; ability to stoop and stretch occasionally.
Certified First Responder