To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN 37211
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Confidential • Nashville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Family built business that supports and assists non-profit charities in collecting gently used clothing and household items throughout the United States. We also partner with various civic groups, religious organizations and municipalities to provide fundraising opportunities. Additionally we operate large retail clothing and home goods stores predominantly throughout the Southeast.
The District Manager will support and deliver the company vision through the ownership and accountability for top line sales, profitability, management development, efficiency in meeting production quotas, and delivering key metrics in customer service. The DM will also work in concert with company objectives and policies as well as local, state and federal guidelines in executing initiatives.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
Identify and develop successful strategies to ensure that all sales, production and profit goals are met
Identifies and manages the execution of store business plans that drive key performance indicator results and that maximize business opportunities.
Support and drive new operational initiatives to ensure successful implementation and sustainability of such processes
Maximizes store performance through consistent and effective coaching and feedback, reporting and follow-up
Achieve ideal staffing standards for all levels of their organization through proper recruiting and hiring or development of internal personnel
Key job duties include:
- Maintains high level of Merchandise and Floor presentation to company standards
- Support the company vision and mission statements and implement the strategies necessary to achieve them
- Oversee primary facets of all operational components including the collections process, production performance and retail sales
- Travel to store locations and lead store management in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operations initiatives
- Oversee that all stores are providing the customer service that meets or exceeds the company standards and customer expectations
- Maintain high standards of store imaging and merchandising ensuring that all stores are clean, well-stocked and ready for business
- Accountable for building store sales and gross profits through implementation of corporate merchandising policies, procedures and programs
- Support and enforce all company policies, and local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Assure that personnel processes (hiring, training, associate evaluations, employee discipline and termination actions) are handled in a timely manner, and in accordance to company policy
- Maintain working relationships with associates to support the open door policy
- Serve as a proactive leader of the operations team, evaluating and implementing new concepts in the stores
- Coach and develop associates for growth and promotion to maintain a high quality staff
- Partner with all departments including Accounting, IT, Risk Management and Human Resources to execute initiatives as designed
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; completes performance reviews and provides feedback and development opportunities to direct reports
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Primary Leadership Competencies:
Problem Solving – ability to identify root causes and resolve Integrity – maintains high standards in all activities Collaboration – able to work with and through others Interpersonal – comfortable interacting with customers and hourly employees Follow-through – meets commitments Communication – strong verbal and writing skills Technical expertise – knows and understands Leadership – demonstrate by example Coach and Develop people – foster a training and development culture Multi-Tasking – ability to effectively handle multiple initiatives concurrently
Problem Solving – ability to identify root causes and resolve
Integrity – maintains high standards in all activities
Collaboration – able to work with and through others
Interpersonal – comfortable interacting with customers and hourly employees
Follow-through – meets commitments
Communication – strong verbal and writing skills
Technical expertise – knows and understands
Leadership – demonstrate by example
Coach and Develop people – foster a training and development culture
Multi-Tasking – ability to effectively handle multiple initiatives concurrently
At least 5 years of experience in a retail or thrift environment, preferably with a big box chain.
At least 2 years’ experience as multi-unit supervisor
Ability to travel independently up to 75%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.