To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Redwood City, CA 94063
- Linda Cervantez
- Phone: 650-364-7406
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Grocery Outlet Inc. • Redwood City, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Grocery Clerk maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness and interactive engagement with customers with a willing emphasis toward providing fast, friendly customer service.
A Grocery Clerk’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cashiers - Providing great customer service, including greeting them, responding to questions, handling money etc.
- Night Stock Crew - Ensuring product is rotated, within date, and properly displayed on shelves according to the appropriate category
- Daytime Stock Crew - Produce, Deli, Frozen, Meat, and Grocery
- Unloading product from trucks, organizing stock room, filling assigned areas on the sales floor, operating backroom equipment, pallet jack, baler, etc.
- Maintenance Clerk - Cleaning cases and shelves, mopping and sweeping the sales floor or stock room, cleaning dairy coolers, cleaning bathrooms and break room,
- Operating back room equipment, pallet jack, baler, compactor and scrub machine
A Grocery Clerk's duties are performed primarily in the Grocery department and back room. A Grocery Clerk may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, standing, lifting, moving, carrying and stocking product, along with interaction with customers, associates, truck drivers and vendors.
- 18 years or older
- Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Able to read, write, and do simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions
- Must join Union
- Must be able to pass drug and background check
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Previous experience at Grocery Store or Retail Experience
- A passion for serving people