To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salisbury, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
ShoreCorps - AmeriCorps Program
Salisbury University • Salisbury, MD
Posted 2 months ago
ShoreCorps, the AmeriCorps Program at Salisbury University, is seeking competent and energetic people who want to join the national service movement by serving vulnerable populations on Maryland's Eastern Shore. ShoreCorps partners with agencies serving youth in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties.
ShoreCorps AmeriCorps members serve for approximately 48 weeks in a variety of positions such as, environmental education programs, mentoring, parent and family support services, health education programs, community outreach activities, resources for senior citizens, and volunteer recruitment and management.
- Gain experience serving in a government agency or non-profit organization that translates directly into job experience
- Develop effective skills in project management, leadership and teamwork
- Participate in a lively learning community of fellow AmeriCorps members
- Participate in a national service movement of over 80,000 members nationwide
- Realize the satisfaction of incorporating service into your life and making a difference in your community and your country
- Applicants do NOT have to be affiliated with or a student at Salisbury University.
- Applicants must have a strong interest in serving vulnerable populations, be at least 18 years of age, and have reliable transportation.
- Applicants should be available attend the tuition-free, AmeriCorps class at SU biweekly on Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., during the Fall and Spring semesters. Contact us if there is a conflict.
- Applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are a “citizen, national, or permanent resident alien of the United States.”
- Applicants will undergo a Criminal History Check, which includes FBI fingerprinting.
A full-time, one-year commitment of 1700 hours of service (approximately 40 hours per week) offers the following benefits:
- Bi-weekly living allowance of approximately $583 (during 48 weeks of active service)
- Post-education award of $6,095 to help pay for federal student loans and/or future educational expenses. Members who are age 55 or older may gift their ed. award to a child or grandchild.
- Health Insurance plan available, if eligible
- Child care reimbursements, if eligible
- Six tuition-free undergraduate credits for completion of the training course at Salisbury University
- Federal student loan forbearance
- Federal student loan accrued interest payments
A half-time, one-year commitment of 900 hours of service (approximately 20 hours/week for appx. 48 weeks) offers the following benefits:
- Bi-weekly, pre-tax living allowance of $252.08
- Post-education award of $3,047.50 to help pay for federal student loans and/or future education expenses
- Six tuition-free undergraduate credits from Salisbury University
- Federal student loan forbearance during service
- Exemption from paying some or all of federal student loan accrued interest payments
First consideration will be given to applications submitted by June 1st 2019.
Positions will begin no earlier than Aug.15th 2019. Most positions will fill by mid-October.