ACTS, Inc. has been a high-tech innovator for nearly two decades. Our customers are world-class enterprises and consulting organizations who span a diverse range of industries, verticals and geographies. Our deep Cloud expertise and long-standing relationships with Microsoft Field, Services and Delivery teams provide us with on-going insights and vision as Cloud Technologies evolve. ACTS is a leading Microsoft Cloud Solutions provider and Microsoft Gold Partner, recently named as Finalist for 2018 Microsoft Open Source Data & AI Partner of the Year, recognizing our innovative work in the areas of AI and Machine Learning.
We believe technology can reshape our clients’ businesses. We offer every client a unique perspective on technology, so they can recognize new business opportunities and make the most of them. Our most strategic technology partner - Microsoft plays a pivotal role in our delivery of industry-disrupting, technology-driven solutions to clients.
Scope of the Job:
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will manage small, medium and large projects working with internal departments as well as external clients.
Although our company headquarters is in Jacksonville, FL, this position can be remote, and we’ll look at candidates anywhere in the Southeast.
● Developing strong client relationships while controlling the scope of a given project in line with committed deliverables outlined in the SOW and subsequent change orders
● Define, communicate, and manage all project management processes and subsequent reporting including control processes such as issues management, risk management and project change control
● Identifies project management coordination process gaps and areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions
● Identifies and communicates changes which affect processes, procedures and/or documentation across projects
● Understands and utilizes the industry project management best practices (i.e., PMBOK – Project Management Body of Knowledge)
● Facilitates and maintains a productive team environment. Proficiency in MS Project preferred
● Responsible for project delivery; keeping project schedule and budget on track
● Drives the development of detailed project plans through interrogative process with SMEs and functional managers translating WBS into executable project plans
● Responsible for project initiation activities including the initial resourcing, setup and project kick-off
● Overall weekly reporting process including the weekly analysis of updated project plans. Also prepares and presents client status reports and chairs the weekly status meetings
● Manages the overall project change control process to ensure scope control is tightly adhered to as defined via Statement of Work, Requirements or other contractual agreements
● Communicate difficult technical or complex ideas in a straightforward manner
● Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
● Effective in solving problems in a team environment
● Demonstrate a high level of critical thinking; make sound and timely decisions under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty
● Clearly communicate team goals and keep the team focused
● Deliver results in a resource-constrained organization
● Assist sub-teams in planning and estimating techniques for various activities
● Conduct periodic in-flight project reviews and ensures timely communication between teams
● Effectively prioritizes and handles multiple concurrent activities
● Accurately and quickly identify potential conflicts that impact delivery commitments and reschedules or renegotiates commitments
● Effectively shift from one project to another without sacrificing quality or impacting delivery dates
● Manages that customer expectations are kept in line with the SOW and subsequent change control documents
● Manages transition plans to ongoing operations
● Supports management of the project closure activities including knowledge transfer, lessons learned, client satisfaction and release of all resources/infrastructure
● Other duties assigned by PMO and CEO