The SRHS Credentialing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of recruiting, credentialing, training, and monitoring sober housing providers contracted under the Behavioral Health Recovery Program-Basic Recovery Supports (BHRP-B), while assisting with services related to administering the BHRP-B. This position will represent ABH® and its services in a positive and professional manner and adhere to ABH®’s best practices, guidelines, policies and procedures as established, promoting ABH® as a leader in behavioral healthcare in all interactions and work. This position is expected to include statewide travel as well as administrative time at the Middletown office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Serve as primary contact for the credentialing process of new SRHS providers, including review of service proposals and initial site inspection visits;
● Assist with arranging and performing annual audits for all providers and locations, including reviewing chart for required paperwork, physical location inspections and walkthroughs, and client satisfaction interviews;
● Assist with client/provider complaints and critical incident reporting, including taking initial reports, investigating and addressing with providers if necessary, completing closure reports, and tracking.
● Update and maintain statewide SRHS program directory;
● Monitor SRHS reporting requirements;
● Staff provider training sessions and network meetings;
● Back up other BHRP-B staff;
● Comply and work towards goals established by DMHAS and ABH®;
● Maintain internal communications by notifying supervisors with all relevant client- or program-based information;
● Attend all required staff, supervision and training meetings;
● Function as a team member of a regional and statewide team, including providing as-needed coverage for other members of the team;
● Maintain confidentiality of all client protected health information and adheres to all HIPAA related to policies and procedures;
● Demonstrate ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in all activities involving individuals of diverse backgrounds;
● Perform other tasks/responsibilities as required to support the business operations.