Bryn Mawr College is seeking a full-time Lead Housekeeper for the following shift: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.Monday through Friday. Some weekend work is required.
Bryn Mawr College offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, and tuition benefits for employees and dependent children. Access to fitness center and libraries.
This position provides housekeeping services for the following campus spaces: Residence Halls, Academic, and Administrative Buildings.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the work of co-workers to meet departmental standards.
· Acts as liaison between supervisor and staff regarding daily activities.
· Maintains contact with dorm leadership team.
· Submits work orders for building and ensures that work is completed satisfactorily.
· Acts as supervisor in the absence of management when needed.
· Provides direct leadership during campus events including Move-In, Family Weekend, May Day, Commencement, and Reunion.
- Cleaning all areas assigned by supervisors, including filling in for co-workers in their absence, and ensuring all areas of the campus are kept clean.
- Responsible for daily trash and recycling collection and cleaning receptacles.
- Cleaning all surfaces including fixtures, water fountains, sinks, walls, floors, furniture, vents, and restrooms.
- Cleaning of all chalkboards and replenishing chalk and erasers.
- Dust mopping, damp mopping, vacuuming, and spot cleaning carpets.
- Cleaning interior and exterior building windows.
- Moving furniture and assisting with event set-ups when called upon.
- Responsible for keeping closets clean, organized and replenished daily.
· Maintains inventory of supplies and ensures all equipment is clean and operating properly.
- Changing light bulbs.
- Responsible for snow/ice removal.
- Considered essential personnel for bad weather and emergencies.
· Ability to follow instructions.
· Ability to stand, walk, bend, and climb stairs for extended periods of time during an 8 hour shift.
· Ability to work with all types of cleaning chemicals.
· Safely lift in excess of 50 pounds and climb a 6 ft ladder.
· Ability to work in extreme (hot and cold) temperatures.
· Some experience in a housekeeping position is preferred.
· Possess a valid Driver’s License.