To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Restaurant Operations Manager
First Watch Inc. • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 14 days ago
Experience - 3 years
Degree - High School
Restaurant - Food Service, Management
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reports to: General Manager
To act as the Operations Manager who is responsible for supporting the mission, vision and values of First Watch Restaurants through all that he/she does in their role every day. The Operations Manager will work towards accomplishing stated goals and objectives to achieve desired results while focusing on the long-term profitability of the company while developing restaurant staff.
- To assist in meeting or exceeding established sales, revenue and profitability goals, SLEBITDA movement in a positive direction
- Provide efficient and professional service at an appropriate level to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
- Assist in the management of all revenues, cash or credit and company collateral - properly deposited and accounted for and are secured into the Company’s operating bank account
- Ensure the integrity and operational functionality of all POS and security systems and equipment
- Manage all internal/external communications in a timely and effective manner
- Guide team members both front of the house and back of the house staff to meet established objectives
- Ensure that the restaurant equipment is kept in satisfactory working order maintaining the highest degree of usability and cleanliness
- Maintain safe working conditions as required by OSHA and federal, state and local governing bodies
- Communicate with other management, hourly employees, and customers, providing positive feedback and promoting a positive image of the restaurant and good employee morale
- Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of all positions at the restaurant, proficient in performing such duties, and through instruction and supervision, train and develop both other managers and hourly employees
- Regularly counsels and coaches employees, and has the authority to suspend employees pending review of the situation by the General Manager, or discharge an employee immediately for instances of serious misconduct as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Along with the General Manager evaluates hourly staff via formal evaluations
- Evaluates hourly employees on an on-going basis through proper and effective use of the weekly schedule
- Leads a shift effectively - executes effectively use of the Daily Shift Card and Red Book
- Trains staff in all proper EOD procedures, including check out procedures
- Ensures maintenance of a safe and harassment free workplace
- Takes quick and responsible action in solving problems and able to use reason when dealing with disciplinary issues
- Completes all required paperwork on a timely basis
- Prepares and posts weekly work schedules, and ensures the schedule is implemented properly
- Assists in addressing issues resulting from violations on Health or Steritech Inspections in a timely and professional manner
- Safeguards the Company assets, including funds, equipment, and the facility taking appropriate action as and when necessary
- Assists in completing payroll, weekly, mid period and EOP administration work properly
- Effectively promotes First Watch outside the restaurant
- Obtains and maintains safe food handler certifications
- Through communication with the General Manager, Regional Manager and Home Office, handles customer and staff incidents, accidents, injuries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- Regularly interviews applicants for employment, assisting in making hiring decisions for the restaurant and regularly coaches and includes other managers in the process
- Ensures compliance with Federal, local, and state laws, company policies and procedures
The Operations Manager acts within Company policy and applicable federal, state and local legislation to do whatever is necessary to carry out the mission of the Company; however, without the approval of the RVP may not:
- Neither commits the Company to any budgeted expenditure in excess of $500 nor sign any lease contracts or legal agreement
- Dispose of any capital asset
- Revise the organizational structure of any department/area
- Enter into a relationship with any employee, which may have or appear to have an adverse effect upon his/her, ability to carry out his/her responsibilities
- A High School Diploma
- Completing of the CAFE program
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in a service-oriented, hospitality industry such as hotel, resort, restaurant, retail, entertainment venue preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Regularly works 50-55 hours per week
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and drive for company business as required
- Regularly works in the kitchen leading, training, teaching and coaching culinary duties
- Regularly works in the dining room leading, training, teaching and coaching host and service functions
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management principals with focus on budgeting and forecasting revenue goals and objectives
- Human Resources management skills in employee relations, recruiting and retention and employee recognition
- Ability to supervise and lead employees
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and determine task priorities
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on MS operating systems
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to effectively manage teams as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Passion for providing excellent service and quality
- Must be able to continuously see. Must be able to frequently stand, walk, view computer monitors, give & receive oral communication, bend, squat, reach above shoulder level, and discern color. Must be able to occasionally sit, type, and make fine discriminations in sound
- Must be able to regularly lift/carry up to 20 lbs.; occasionally lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to do repetitive simple grasping, fine manipulation, and pushing & pulling on a frequent basis
- Must be able to tolerate temporary exposure to extreme temperatures and temperature changes
Staff / Budgetary Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager will oversee a staff up to 40 employees. The Operations Manager will assist in overseeing revenue operations in excess of one million dollars.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.