CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) CLA Search has been retained by the Grant County Public Utility District to identify a Senior Financial Analyst-Investment Lead to serve their Leadership Team by working closely with the Senior Manager of Treasury to oversee the management of Grant PUD’s financial assets, primarily focused on cash and investment management of the $500+ million portfolio. Will work closely with Treasury staff on associated functions as well as with Grant PUD stakeholders in meeting overall financial needs.
Does This Sound Like You?
Are you a high-drive, mission- driven investment analyst looking for an opportunity to leave a lasting, transformational impact on your community? Do you have a passion for analytics and strategy want to align yourself with a public entity that has a vision for Grant County and the wherewithall to make that vision a reality. If that sounds like you, we’d like to talk!
About our Client:
Grant County Public Utility District was founded in 1938 by local residents who envisioned the benefit of affordable electricity for the entire county. As the third largest power producer in the US, we realize their vision by generating more than 2,100 megawatts of clean, renewable, reliable energy at some of the most affordable rates in the country.
To learn more, click here: https://www.grantpud.org
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Senior Manager of Treasury to oversee the management of Grant PUD’s financial assets, primarily focused on cash and investment management of the $500+ million portfolio. Will analyze fiancial markets, develop investment models, develop strategies from those analytics and present those findings to the Grant PUD senior leadership. Will be involved in every asprcy of the Grant PUD investment strategy
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate Grant PUD activities in the areas of planning, analyzing, and executing Grant PUD’s financial asset portfolio management.
- Manages Grant PUD cash flow forecast that includes information needed to transact on a daily, monthly, annual, and multi-year basis while coordinating with the overall financial functions of Grant PUD to ensure alignment.
- Develop strategy and coordinate with other Treasury staff on functions of long term investment execution, daily cash management, compliance, controls, and reporting. This includes researching and developing an outlook with corresponding investment plan which delivers on the policy objectives set forth by the Investment Oversight Committee.
- Communicates a view point on the economy and markets as well as strategy to manage portfolio risk.
- Leads trading activities by determining timing of trades at most advantageous price considering the size of the order, market sector and prevailing market conditions.
- Maintain good working relationships with brokers and vendors. Responsible to publish finance plan in connection with overall Treasury needs, including coordination on cash flow timing, interest earnings, and debt requirements.
- Oversee processing of Grant PUD obligations to meet timing and liquidity needs including managing banking functions to ensure proper release of funds.
- Provides necessary operational support to ensure staffing needs and requirements of the department are met including daily review of bank reconciliations, daily control positioning, and review of payment releases, and routine rotation and cross training as needed within the overall department.
- Provide needed information and development needed knowledge associated with debt management, accounting requirements, and other information exchanges. Uses complex financial models, specialized financial software, and other systems to effectively complete functions.
- Assures that policies, controls, and procedure documentation is comprehensive, up to date, and in compliance.
- Identifies and communicates to Senior Manager of Treasury risks, emerging issues, and other matters that could impact the department’s ability to be successful and compliant.
- Communicate routinely with external key stakeholders: such as Brokers, Financial Advisors, and Banking Representatives regarding Grant PUD’s investment and banking programs.
- Coordinates frequently with internal stakeholders on routine process and in meeting service needs.
- Lead discussions, prepares presentations, and engage in problem solving relating to department operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in finance functions including banking and investment related activities.
- Certified Financial Analyst or Masters in Business Administration preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and state rules, regulations, and guidelines; accounting principles; investment theory and security analysis, risk analysis techniques; organizational policies and procedures; department policies and procedures; investment practices of securities and associated strategies; and background of FERC and/or governmental accounting practices.
- Skill in conducting research on asset classes, portfolio/ risk allocation, and capital markets; managing investment philosophy/approach while also increasing technical acumen; developing and managing sound due diligence and compliance efforts; performing thorough investment analysis of individual investment action relating to overall portfolio diversification and risk portfolio individually and at an aggregate level; integrating complex information and concepts and synthesize into a systematic framework; preparing and presenting investment analysis and recommendations to treasury team, management, and other stakeholders; developing frameworks for continued improvements across the investment process, including investment operations, performance management, and risk management.