To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Posted 2 months ago
We are seeking Innovation Consultants to join our team in Columbus, OH!
Are you an innovator? Are you passionate about new innovations? Are you excited to uncover the next big thing? If so, we want you to join the Innovation @ Nationwide group.
You will be a part of the multidisciplinary innovation “pod” or team designed to create, design, prototype, and launch products, services, experiences, and even businesses that disrupt the insurance and financial services industry. You will be an instrumental member of the team that works throughout the innovation process from exploration to conceptual design; to detailed design, to develop and build, then launch. Often works in partnership with teams throughout the company.
You will engage directly with users, and works to uncover key unmet needs and develops solutions to meet these needs, solving for big customer problems. Brings these “member centric” solutions to market often in partnership with teams throughout the company.
The Innovation Consultant ensures that the innovation lies at the intersection of the Customer (“desirability”), Technology (“feasibility”), and the Business (“viability”). Collaborates with the designer and researcher to assess desirability. Partners with technologists to assess feasibility; and works with business lead to look at viability. Brings all pieces together into the right solution for the right needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Member of the pod, where collaboration with product managers, designers, researchers, technologists, and business/finance leads to the best outcome
- Assists leader with project management for the innovation pod, working with multi-disciplinary team with skillsets across all aspects of the value chain and innovation process
- Understands that failure is part of the innovation process. Institutionalizes learning from productive failures
- Utilizes and encourages a startup or entrepreneurial mind set
- Collaborates seamlessly and successfully throughout the organization with support areas such marketing, sales, public relations, legal and compliance, as well as other groups
- Participates in user-driven innovation process (aka “design thinking”)
- Helps to translate consumer and end-user needs into products, services, experiences, and businesses that solves needs and creates value
- Supports and participates in rapid prototyping of ideas and solutions directly with consumers and customers, and iterates aggressively to arrive at solutions that exceed customer expectations and creates new value and points of differentiation.
- Understands and represents the voice of the user (“the who”), clearly defines the right problems to solve (“the what”) and ensures the right end-to-end solutions to solve them (“the how”)
- Keeps a pulse on industry movement and activities, and remains on top of key trends within insurance, financial services, startups and technology companies.
- Anticipates where relevant companies, trends, and technologies might be going and informs strategies.
Undergraduate studies in business, marketing, product or engineering. MBA preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of product management experience, ideally with new digital products for consumers or businesses (big and/or small).
Innovation experience developing, managing and implementing new products.
Experience working in an innovation group within a larger company, consulting firm or for an innovative product company.
Experience with primary consumer research, time “in the field”, market research, and translation of insights uncovered into ideas, concepts, and products.
Experience with PowerPoint and presentation creation; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Design thinking skills / user-centered design expertise a must. Strong analytical skills. Natural curiosity about people and customers.
Ability to work across multiple methodologies, including agile, scrum, waterfall, and hybrids.
Nationwide, a Fortune 100 company based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s. The company provides a full range of insurance and financial services, including auto, commercial, homeowners, farm and life insurance; public and private sector retirement plans, annuities and mutual funds; banking and mortgages; excess & surplus, specialty and surety; pet, motorcycle and boat insurance.