Charles E. Smith Life Communities, which includes Hebrew Home of Greater Washington designated a U.S. News Best Nursing Home by U.S. News & World Report, is searching for a proven self-starting leader to work as its Director, Materials Management. This leadership role offers you the opportunity to serve as a business partner to the leaders throughout our organization while allowing you to grow personally and professionally.
Reporting to the Vice President, Campus Services, the Director, Mateials Management will plan, operate, develop, organize and implement the programs and activities of the materials management department
Charles E. Smith Life Communities (CESLC) is one of the largest and most highly regarded nonprofit elder care organizations in the nation. Originally founded in 1910 as Hebrew Home for the Aged, CESLC now serves 1,100 older adults who live in one of six residences situated on a beautiful 38-acre campus in Rockville, Maryland.
Hebrew Home of Greater Washington (HHGW), our flagship skilled nursing center, is comprised of two separate but adjacent residences; Smith-Kogod Residence and Wasserman Residence. HHGW offers long-term care services as well as post-acute care in its 103-bed Post-Acute Care Center. HHGW, with its 556 licensed skilled nursing beds, is the largest nursing home in Maryland and has received numerous recognitions and awards for delivering quality, person-centered care.
· Leads and directs all aspects of supply chain process to assure the delivery of the correct service/product, when needed, in the correct amount, to all departments and residences
· Leads a cross functional team in the development, documentation and implementation of policies and processes to assure successful material management and inventory programs to support organizational key results
· Negotiates major contracts for equipment, services and supplies, and assists all departments with contract negotiations, as needed or requested.
Biomedical devices and other equipment:
Provides oversight and manages DME vendors and equipment including: prepares annual budget, obtains satisfaction feedback from end-users, coordinates repair requests, monitors safety evaluations of DME, etc. Develops and maintains five year plan for medical equipment capital replacement
Provides oversight and liaises with ancillary services vendors including (but not limited to) x-ray, respiratory therapy, laboratory and pharmacy services
Manages relationship with vendors to ensure contract terms and conditions are fulfilled.
- Consults with clinical teams to ensure service expectations are met
Maximizes financial performance; education internally on cost issues/trends
Reviews monthly invoices for billing accuracy. Work with vendors on billing issues and validate that services were actually rendered
We offer a flexible, competitive package of benefits designed to your needs. Benefits include medical insurance, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, access to credit union and proximity to public transportation. To learn more, please send resume and salary requirements to: Charles E. Smith Life Communities, Attn: Chris Stamps, 6121 Montrose Road, Rockville, MD 20852, Fax Phone number blocked - click to apply; Email: Email blocked - click to apply EOE
We not only offer excellent benefits to our team, competitive compensation and a supportive work environment, but also the opportunity
Company Website: http://URL blocked - click to apply
- Education: B.S. degree in business, accounting, marketing or related health care fields required
- Licensure/Certifications: Certified Materials Resources Professional (CMRP) preferred
- Experience: 5 to 7 years management experience in the field of materials management,
- Materials and services Purchasing and distribution in the health care industry required
- Experience in multi-facility system, and with public bidding, inventory and materials management information systems preferred