This position is responsible for:
new business identification and development including investments in the Food and Retail industries,
- managing and monitoring the division’s group companies (subsidiary/affiliate companies) including support to create consolidated business plan of the division, and
- providing new initiatives and takes a hands-on approach to contributing to the growth of the group companies through the communication and collaboration with Company and subsidiaries..
The incumbent researches various industries analyzes the group companies financial status to identify new business opportunities, assists with cost analyses, competitors analyses, business model analyses and market projections etc. to determine the competitiveness and marketability of US companies for the US market and/or the Japanese market, researches the financial arrangements, possible investments, assists Department Management in the preparation of short and long term business projections, and implements business strategy and oversees the business process from beginning to exit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Development of new/existing business:
· Assists in the research and analysis of new business opportunities in the division, mainly in the Food & Retail industries.
· Conducts market surveys to study the business potential for the projects and business models. Requires knowledge of marketing, finance, accounts and project planning.
· Provides manager with extensive and detailed reports with recommendations for any business opportunities. Researches business opportunities by determining whom are the partners, and how Company can perform the function.
· Maintain existing business with clients, utilizing established business relationship/networks.
Assists with development of strategy and methodology for the project based on results of the research and market survey. Recommends new business models, initial introduction for start-up services and marketing plans. Performs cost analyses, preparation of cash flow statements, development of marketing plans, etc. Analyzes the financial indicators as well as other aspects of the deal, ensuring a positive impact to Company’s reputation and public image.
· Assists with development of department’s growth strategy as requested by SVP and/or GM.
· Keeps informed of all trends, new business models and general economic conditions in the industry and global markets. Must be able to use this information to adjust/adapt the business so as to exploit opportunities in the market.
Monitors/analyzes the group companies:
Monitors and analyzes the financial statements of the group companies and communicates with Company corporate departments.
· Recommends any initiatives and action plans to SVP, GM and Director in order to improve the companies’ performance of group companies in accordance with their growth strategy.
· Keeps close contact with Company’s corporate departments and makes timely and appropriate reports to these departments on the group company’s status.
Hands-on support for the group companies:
Coordinates communication with the management and employees of the group companies to conduct the action plan to improve the companies’ performance.
- Consults with GM to implement approved strategies and initiatives on the group companies. Keeps related parties appropriately informed of terms as well as time schedule of action plan.
· Hands-on support to the group companies in accordance with their growth strategy through the communication and collaboration Company and subsidiaries.
· Participates in all initiatives and action plans as requested by SVP, GM, and/or Director.
Basic knowledge of financial analysis techniques, accounting and how to structure a formal business arrangement.
- Requires thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for creation of research, reporting and presentations.
Technical / Communication Skills:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills necessary.
- Ability to adapt to a cross-cultural environment is critical.
Minimum three (3) years experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Business.
Requires expertise of assigned industries and how to conduct detailed research and report writing.
- Must be knowledgeable of internal procedures to follow project from inception to Ringi completion.