Senior DB2 Database Administrator
SUMMARY : Our client is seeking an experienced DB2 Database Admin to provide hands-on, self-directed support within the Company's Database and Basis team. This position will be a hybrid role – remote with some onsite in Chicago . The DB2 Database Admin will support all IT efforts with business initiatives insuring a balanced, sustainable approach to complexity management, cost reduction and speed to delivery. Demonstrate subject matter expertise in support of departmental vision, strategy, and solution delivery.
· Perform operational tasks, implement technology-based infrastructure projects, and facilitate 3rd party services delivery within the scope of the IT service function
· Act as hands-on resource with subject matter expertise to implement cost-effective, scalable technology solutions
· Maintain currency of technology solutions across portfolio of investment
· Actively contribute to project planning, design / integration activities, database capacity planning, database workload automation, database provisioning and maintenance, database infrastructure and departmental standards
· Define business cases, required investments, and recommend methods and metrics to implement IT-enabled business change efforts applying technology solutions to business problems
· Explore new capabilities and emerging technologies, applying to roadmaps where appropriate
· Establish trusted partnerships with peers and all colleagues throughout the enterprise
· Track service level objectives for team metrics that quantify delivery achievements
· Exercise troubleshooting skills the identify and resolve database and database security problems (Level 2/3)
· Construct and execute test plans to verify correct operation of implemented / completed systems
· Recommend where IT resources can be utilized more efficiently and effectively
· Support engagement through open and effective two-way communication across the Company's business functions
· Understands and demonstrates the Company’s Core Values and Guiding Actions.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Advanced skill with enterprise database solutions (table creation / indexing / maintenance / monitoring); cross functional technology skills highly desirable.
· Intermediate skills working in a z/OS mainframe environment
· Intermediate understanding of scripting and automation methodology
· Strong ability to write scripts in some administrative language (JCL scripting)
· Basic ability to read and modify assembler code
· Intermediate ability to write and maintain CLISTS and ISPF dialog manager components
· Basic working knowledge of RACF & Security principles
· Basic working knowledge of DB2 DRDA
· Strong experience working with DB2 online and offline utilities
· Applied skills in database design, operations, and performance tuning
· Demonstrated skill in structured troubleshooting and complex issue resolution
· Experience with vendor relationship management and 3 rd party resource facilitation
· Self-directing individual demonstrating teamwork, organization skills and well-structured working approach given multiple priorities
· Clear and relevant written and verbal communications skill, with sensitivity to target audience
· Willingness to coach / mentor others
· BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience in related field
· IBM DB2 Database technical certifications highly desired; candidates with commensurate experience considered
· 5-7 years hands-on experience with broad range of enterprise-class technology solutions
· 3 years of hands-on experience with DB2 database administration experience
· Experience with any of the following software products preferred: IBM Database Tools (File manager and file manager for DB2, IBM DB2 Admin tools, SQL Perf Analyze), CA SysView for DB2 (Insight) & Detector
· 3 years of project experience as team member or lead
· 2 years in large ($1B or greater) corporate environments preferred
· 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and heavily matrixed organizations
SALARY: Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, additional comp potential, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary expectations to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to DB2 Database Administratorfor immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
Staffing: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to DB2 Database Administrator
IT Solutions and Disruptive Technologies: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to DB2 Database Administrator
- Ibm Db2
- Mainframe Computing