As a Technical Support Specialist, you will provide technical support of controls products during the installation, startup, commissioning, service or maintenance phases of the product life cycle. This position will function within a call center and will report to the controls customer support supervisor. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Technical Support & Issue Resolution
- Assist field sales, contractors, and building automation companies with technical integration issues. This requires 50-70% of available time spent answering phones and replying to e-mails in a customer support environment
- Act as a technical consultant for control group's product development programs, technical literature, training, and marketing efforts. Specifically support the following controls products: Intelligent Equipment solution, VAV boxes (with and without controls), D3/VRV integration, Microtech Integrated Systems solution
- Support areas include troubleshooting unit controls and systems hardware and software during installation, configuring, commissioning, troubleshooting, and Service; also building communications protocols and network troubleshooting
- Research, Reporting & Metrics
- Use of Salesforce to log cases/calls, manage and track them to closure
- Recommend modifications to released product or products
- Maintain contacts with distribution, 3rd party, and service organizations to ensure timely resolution of field issues
- Develop methods for field testing problem jobs/projects and utilizes technical resources such as simulators, protocol analyzers, integration service tools, and documentation
- Keep informed on new products and other general information of interest to customers
- Communicate suggested modifications to the company's products/services to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in occasional product training of sales representatives.