Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Vassar College is a smoke free/tobacco free campus.
Vassar Computing and Information Services (CIS) is the central information technology operations and strategy division of Vassar, providing the college with infrastructure services, academic technology, enterprise applications, research computing, IT policy and governance, information security, and general technology support.
Vassar CIS is seeking qualified candidates for the position of User Services Consultant. Reporting to the Assistant Director of User Services, this position will be responsible for supporting all aspects of desktop computing for Faculty, Administrators and Staff.
User Services is one of the four major operational units of CIS, responsible for Desktop Support, Service Desk, Media Resources, ID Card Office, and Computer Store.
- Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests for various computer applications and processes.
- Provide backup support for mobile device management of Mac, iOS and Windows clients.
- Provide backup to the Client Platform Engineer on the design, build, documentation, support and improvement for automation in endpoint deployment and management.
- Consult with users and Service Owners on best practices, advanced uses and problem solution strategies to meet technology needs.
- Participate in projects and meetings as necessary.
- Review and update documentation for operational procedures and knowledge articles.
- Maintain accuracy and documentation of user records and incidents in the service management ticketing system. Ensure tickets are logged, tracked, and updated appropriately. Monitor personal service levels and metrics and work toward continuous improvement.
- Remain current in evolving technologies, as well as currently used technologies and methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in information systems or other related fields preferred.
- Advanced desktop support skills including Printers, Windows, Macintosh, MS Office, Google Apps, Mobile Device Management , Incident Management, and proven customer support experience.
- Higher education and/or non-profit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong problem resolution skills, strong customer service skills and strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to fix increasingly complex technical problems.