Power Electronics, a leading multinational in the renewables, has closed 2020 with a figure of 40GW of installed AC power, naturally positioning itsel f as a world leader in energy storage solutions, and ranking first the manufacturing of solar inverters in the US, LATAM, UK, and Spain.
More recently, the company has concentrated its efforts towards the international scene, and its presence in the solar energy sector has experienced remarkable growth. For this reason, the brand is among the main players in this field, with around 1300 plants in 35 countries. In fact, the technology of Power Electronics’ inverters is present in some of the largest solar and storage projects in the world!
2020 saw the company achieve 40 GW of installed power capacity, with a productive equivalent of 20 GW, making it the American’s leading - and the world’s fourth-placed - supplier of solar inverters for photovoltaic power plants.
As a key member of the technical/product team, the Sales Engineer uses technical knowledge along with interpersonal skills to understand customer's needs and propose flexible solutions. The sales engineer will participate in all facets of the business cycle including; customer targeting/acquisition, quoting, forecasting, preparing technical documentation, presenting product features and benefits, solving technical and commercial issues etc. The position reports to the Chief Service Officer, based out in Spain, therefore the need to speak Spanish.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to ;
- Reading, compression and interpretation of technical specification documents and one-line diagram
- In charge of solutions proposals and suppliers’ quotations
- Carrying out cost and sales price analysis
- Initial electrical and mechanical design for Low and Medium Voltage, as well as photovoltaic systems
- Facility simulations
- Technical and commercial consulting
- Order management in ERP system
- Tracking and follow up of previously made offers
- Privileged point of contact with clients and commercial agents to address doubts and concerns
- Industrial or electrical engineering academic background (or similar).
- A first experience in a similar role with proven achievements (renewables is a plus)
- Fluent level of Spanish (Bilingual is a plus)
- Solid IT proficiency; Office, AutoCad, Eplan, PVSys, SAP, Digsilent, etc.
- Competitve benefits with Healthcare, Dental and Vision covered 100% by the company (family plan available)
- 14 PTOs and bank holidays
- Avanced power electronics technoly, top of the market
- Company cell phone and laptop alongside a top notch IT team, seriously
- The ability to learn and train, through our internal corporate university platform
- A flexible and agile ditigal savvy work environment
- Global reach and projects
Power Electronics, a leading multinational in the renewables, has closed 2020 with a figure of 40GW of installed AC power, naturally positioning itself as a world leader in energy storage solutions, and ranking first the manufacturing of solar inverters in the US, LATAM, UK, and Spain. The company is currently experiencing an exponential growth at a global scale, and some unique cross cultural growing pains as well.