To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfield, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Building Maintenance Worker
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provide maintenance and hands on support for performing repairs to building, systems including HVAC, boilers, water towers, chillers, pumps and compressors, fire pump, sprinkler system and other building related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Equipment Inspection
- Fire Extinguisher
- Eye wash stations
- Emergency lights
- Exit Signs
- Roof Top Units/Air condition units
- Mechanical room equipment
- Building mechanical equipment/values/motors/fans/lighting, etc.
· Perform routine preventative maintenance as scheduled on building-related issues and identify components requiring maintenance or repairs outside the normal schedule.
· Grounds Care
- Liter pick-up
- Minor snow/ice removal
- Minor painting
- Grounds maintenance
· Facility Painting
· Back-up Custodial Work
· General Maintenance
- Filter replacement and cleaning
- Ceiling and floor tile, replacement and repair
- Light-Bulb Replacement
- Electrical work
- Wall repairs/spackle, sand and paint
· Complete project work as required.
· Maintain company vehicle as directed.
· Follow the Company's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
· Comply with the Company's Safety and Health Rules
· Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.