· Performs welding activities with minimum instructions and supervision.
· Interprets blueprints, manufacturing ISO drawings and written work instructions.
· Use common fabrication tools to prepare and fit up weld joints per drawings.
· Reliably pass X-ray and Liquid Die Penetrant NDT
· Pass weld tests as required
· Operate common welding/fabrication equipment (weld positioners, manipulators etc.)
· Sets up welding equipment in accordance with the appropriate Weld Process Specifications (WPS).
· Extensive ability using GTAW “Cup Walking Technique”
· Performs minor maintenance on job related equipment.
· Be well organized and keep a clean work area.
· Reliable and dependable.
· Able to work 4-10’s Monday - Thursday
· 1st and 2nd shift possiblities
CURRENT OR PRIOR CERTIFICATIONS:
· ASME B31.3-2010 GTAW/GMAWP Stainless/Carbon steels and low temp A333
· API-1104 GTAW/GMAWP Carbon steel and low temp A333
· AWS D1.1/D1.1M:2006 FCAW Carbon steel
· AWS D1.1/D1.1M:2006 GTAW Carbon steel
· AWS D1.6:1999 GTAW Stainless steel
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to work Safely with and around others.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and welding symbols.
· Ability to use tape measures, squares, levels etc.
· Ability to operate air tools, torches, plasma cutters, band saws and grinders.
· Ability to operate forklift and overhead cranes.
· Substantial experience in welding or equivalent advanced education.
· Basic math skills (must be able to perform conversions and basic math calculations).
BE PREPARED WITH SUITABLE PPE (HOOD, GLOVES, SLEEVES, SAFETY GLASSES ETC.) THERE WILL BE A WRITTEN TEST AND BASIC WELD TEST UPON INTERVIEW.
We offer a competitive base salary, health, dental & vision benefits, as well as, paid time off.