Embedded Software Engineer II
Apex Supply Chain Technologies
Who You Are
· You have an enthusiastic attitude, hands-on style and inspirational spirit
· You are tech-savvy and thrive when building a culture of innovation, rapid change and evolution
· Ideally you have a Degree in a relatable area and/or appropriate certifications
· You embrace change and approach opportunities boldly
· You strive for the least complicated approach that will work
· You choose a collaborative approach of respect and dignity for all
· You have a passion for learning, laughing, energizing, and achieving more
What You Will Do
· Implement new and Maintaining existing software for an Embedded Linux device.
· Write software in C/C++ for Embedded Linux devices.
· Participate in design discussions and decisions.
· Participate in code reviews.
· Follow industry best practices when implementing software, especially around areas surrounding security and privacy.
· Test software via automated methods, including but not limited to writing and running unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests, as well as manual methods.
· Use visual design and interaction design to write of Embedded software.
· Check code into version control according to company version control policy.
Your Ideal Skills
· B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
· 3-5 years of combined firmware and software development experience.
· Understanding of Linux Applications on Embedded devices.
· Understanding of Multi-threading, IPC and memory management.
· Experience developing Qt applications (or similar application framework experience).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience implementing automated tests, including unit, functional, and integration tests.
· Working knowledge of application development for embedded Linux OS (Yocto, Wind River, etc).
· Communication protocol experience with 1 or more of TCP/IP, HTTPS, Ethernet, CAN, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
· Testing and debugging experience on embedded Linux platforms.
· Working knowledge of embedded SQL and NoSQL databases.
· Expertise in the areas of embedded development constraints, system performance and security of Internet connected devices.
· Disciplined in the use of the Git version control system and code management best practices.
Who We Are
We are a market and technology leader who is redefining the way companies across all business sectors process and deliver orders, supplies and materials and manage assets by providing tailored, scalable self-serve systems, mobile apps and Cloud-based software. We apply business Intelligence and Analytics to achieve data-driven insights which dramatically elevate the interplay between technologies and customers to build elegant supply chain and product delivery solutions that create transformative solutions for a smarter future.
· We deploy simple, effective solutions leveraging IoT, UI/UX, Real-time cloud transaction processing at scale (Big Data), Machine Learning and AI and Analytics to solve real-world problems for real-world B2B and B2C clients
· World Headquarters in mason, Ohio with broad presence in Europe, Latin American and a growing presence in Asia Pac and over 450 Global team members
· More than 100,000 devices deployed on 6 continents in more than 80 countries
· More than 25,000 corporate clients globally executing billions of highly secure, real-time transactions; tens of million every day
· Our technology has been adopted as a best practice by many of the world’s leading companies in industries ranging from Manufacturing, Transportations and Logistics to Retail, E-commerce and Foodservice
· This is your opportunity to join a growing and innovative organization with new career paths being defines every day
· We offer a competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match
· Every day, you will work on the cutting edge of an industry
· Together we dream what is possible and make it real through innovation and collaboration
· Our team members aren’t numbers, they make important contributions to the business on a daily basis
· We embrace individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience to pursue our shared vision with a spirit of harmony and enthusiasm
At Apex, we truly believe that everything is possible. For us. And for you. If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, apply at: http://www.apexsupplychain.com/careers
Apex Supply Chain Technologies in an Equal Opportunity Employer
Use Programming Language