Title : Kafka Lead Developer
Location : NYC,NY
Duration : 24 months
Senior Developer, Kafka , Event Streaming, and Domain Driven Design will be responsible for the lead role in the design, testing and maintenance of event streaming platforms. Primary areas of responsibility include event streaming platforms, customer care systems, cloud based technology and NoSQL databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experienced in Kafka Development or similar streaming development (AWS Kinesis, Google Cloud Dataflow, etc). Interpret business requirements and accurately reflect these requirements in the design.
· Experienced using MongoDB to manage API traffic.
· Experience with building streaming applications, specifically with Kafka .
· Strong knowledge of Kafka API and Kafka Security (SSL SASL Kerberos ACL).
· Experienced developing Kafka producers, consumers, and streams.
- Working knowledge of Kafka connect using schema registry in a high-volume environment.
- Model system behaviors using best practice methods for communicating architecture and design.
- Engage with designers to support to present design solutions to the business and development teams.
- Ensure designs are consistent with the existing architecture.
- Design performance requirements in an effort to ensure that all applications are highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
- Work closely with other areas of the company including business teams and other design/development teams.
- Ensure unit, system, integration, stress and user acceptance testing are in alignment with architecture.
- Build comprehensive DevOps into the delivery architecture including, but not limited to: automated testing, continuous integration, branching and merging code streams, build generation and deployments.
- Anticipate and resolve technical problems and solve difficult challenges.
- Recommend and promote new technologies and best practices to enable us to better support our customers.
- Recommend tools and utilities for design, development, testing and management of web-based applications.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that code is compliant with design and coding standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 10 years of practical work experience, including hands-on application development.
- 3 years of event streaming, Domain Driven Design, cloud based systems development experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Ability to define boundaries of applications and domains (bounded context).
- Capable of working in an Agile Scrum team.
Kafka / Confluent / KSQL / AWS Kinesis / other event streaming platform
- Event streaming.
- Domain Driven Design.
- AWS Lambda.
- MongoDB / other NoSQL.
- Apache Avro (preferred)
- SQL and common database knowledge preferred.
- Basic Linux/UNIX experience preferred.
- Source code control systems: eg, git preferred.
- REST, Microservice experience preferred
- ESB experience preferred.
- Build processes, Maven / Gradle preferred.
- Experience with large scale, high volume web-based applications.
- Experience with internationalization preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Perform application testing of new application development
- Serve as lead Android developer
- Leading a team of developers and driving the mobile application development and web integration process
- Facilitate and lead software development activities
- Manage a team of software developers
- Developing both web based and client server solutions
- Participate in technical design of new application development and existing system
- Perform code and standards reviews for new application development
- Help mitigate production application issues and assists application developers
- Developing the client s web system
- Guide a team of front-end developers
- Maintain web and batch applications
- Help in the development of web-service based Java applications
- Developing web-based services and SOA
- Foster and develop a team of software developers
- Coordinate delivery of software application
- Establish a client solutions software development roadmap
- Participate in technical architecture design
- Create policies and procedures application design and development
- Test new Windows and web software applications
- Branching And Merging
- Information Security
- Amazon Web Services
- Application Development