To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN 55402
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Principal Accountant / Lead Accountant
Highly Visible Role with Opportunity for Advancement • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Principal Accountant/Lead Accountant
We are seeking a Principal Accountant for our operational accounting team who owns our general ledger, month end close, management reporting, and accounting processes and procedures for our varying businesses.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Accounting. The successful candidate must be a very strong accountant that also likes process improvement and systems. Accordingly, they need to be very well versed in general accounting and technical accounting, with the ability to develop and improve processes and procedures, and translate systems needs into actionable plans with minimal supervision.
This position must be able to interact very well with other teams – Corporate Accounting, Technical and SEC Accounting, Shared Services, Internal Audit, Finance, Procurement, Manufacturing, Billing, Legal etc.– to ensure all accounting related activities to these functions are properly accounted for monthly, documented, effectively tied into our process models along with updates to any of our current compliance registers and SOX narratives.
The successful candidate will possess experience in complex, high performing companies of size and scope, with the ability to draw upon best-in-class policies, processes and procedures. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated excellent full cycle accounting and analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast paced environment. Last, the Candidate will need to have excellent change management skills as well as superior writing, presentation and organizational skills.
They will own key areas our team is tasked with ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements. Key areas of focus include:
- General Ledger and Balance Sheet Accounting
- Trial Balance Accountability and Variance Explanations – Proving We Get To The Right Accounting Answer
- Monthly Close Process
- Journal Entry Creation and Postings
- Account Reconciliations
- Management Reporting
- Technical Accounting Support and Application
- Actively participate in all aspects of month-end close to include creation and accuracy of journal entries, month end variance analysis, create and accuracy of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and assist with the creation of accurate and timely management reporting.
- Primary point of contact for multiple foreign subsidiaries; review and analyze monthly reporting package prepared by foreign subsidiaries to ensure accurate reporting with US GAAP
- Review subsidiary financial statements and work with respective teams to resolve any issues
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and manage intercompany activity with subsidiaries
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statement analysis
- Prepare monthly foreign exchange rate analysis
- Prepare consolidated schedules to be used in the SEC filings
- Prepare financial reports for Senior Management and Audit Committee
- Prepare asset and liability balance sheet reconciliations and roll-forward schedules, to include recommending and preparing adjusting journal entries.
- Interface with internal and external auditors on revenue related issues.
- Review, understand and can talk to all balance sheet accounts reconciliations to ensure they are right.
- Participate with the development, implementation of the standardization and localization of our accounting policies and procedures globally. This includes but is not limited to:
- Documenting, administering and maintaining appropriate documentation and identification of the Company’s SOX key processes and controls.
- Assisting with process improvements and innovations within the department as well as within the global organization.
- Drive process improvements and innovations within the department as well as within the global organization.
Basic Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5+ years of related accounting experience including – predominately at large, public companies
- 2+ years public accounting, Big Four "a plus"
- Minimum of 5 years of knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience analyzing and implementing new accounting standards across an organization
- Experience working with large ERP systems (Oracle or SAP); Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning
- CPA preferred
- High emotional IQ – very strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- Prior international accounting experience preferred
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving and project collaboration.
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Highly skilled in data analysis and proven ability to present data in a clear, concise and compelling manner to all levels of management
- Comfortable in discussing issues, strategy and negotiating with Company executives
- Proven self-starter to get projects done in an timely manner