We are looking for a dedicated Senior Accountant to join our team!
Location: Irving, TX
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8a-5p
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for general ledger stewardship and month-end close.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Researches, investigates and reports issues and corrections related to general ledger transactions.
- Responsible for the review of the income statement, balance sheet and other reports as needed for variance analysis, support or explanations.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Builds relationships with region teams by resolving any questions, researching transactions and budget/trend variances, and communicating regularly and timely.
- Collaborates with other corporate accounting teams, AP, PFS, and Supply Chain on projects and other deliverables.
- Reviews all income statement accounts for accruals and reclasses
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts
- Work with regions on any questions / variances of accounts
- Prepares monthly roll forward schedules for accrual tracking
- Responsible for tying out intercompany accounts and resolving monthly differences
- Works with other teams to standardize corporate accounting procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree required
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Above average computer literacy, e.g. EXCEL, WORD
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations, and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated teamwork skills, vendor management skills
- Knowledge or prior use of Infor or other web-based ERP systems
- Experience in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Experience with INFOR, SAP, or LAWSON general ledger systems preferred
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates
- CPA preferred
Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen.
- Accounting Systems
- Financial Statements
- Statement Analysis
- Team Player But Also Independent