This position will play a vital role in developing existing and new customers within an assigned territory and you will have the opportunity to participate in the accomplishment of annual sales goals and demonstrate exceptional STIHL products in the field. Operating territory: San Francisco Bay area; San Francisco, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Mercer.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- On a consistent and planned basis, contacts existing customers to inform, train, and educate them on all new and current STIHL products and related accessories.
- Uses all available resources, (eg: on-line, computer programs, etc.), to conduct periodic analysis of potential customer demand, new and emerging marketing/merchandising styles and required product and accessory inventory.
- Recommends product mixture, display arrangements, and stocking levels to customers.
- Assists customers with placing product and accessory orders. Resolves conflict, informational and communication issues as required.
- Researches geographic area for potential customers prioritizes leads and compiles lists for both immediate and future action.
- Contacts potential new customers by telephone, email or in person to arrange a personal visit to present the appropriate STIHL products and related accessories for the initial new customer order.
- Participates in trade shows, sales promotions, and dealer promotions to foster customer relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in portable power equipment sales/service.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to accommodate a minimum of 4 nights per week of overnight travel. Most travel is by car, although some air travel will be required.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean DMV record with no restrictions is required.
- Non-limited physical agility is required as there is frequent bending, lifting/moving up to 70 lbs., reaching, standing, walking, driving, etc. in this role.
- Any experience within the Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE) industry preferred.
- Must reside in or relocate to an area near San Francisco Bay area.
Customer Relationship Management
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 137
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Virginia Beach-based STIHL Inc., one of several manufacturing facilities in the STIHL Group, is the headquarters for U.S. operations. STIHL Inc. employs over 2,100 people nationwide, with more than 1,900 in Virginia Beach, Va., in a variety of positions from manufacturing, product assembly, manufacturing engineering, sales and marketing, and finance. The Virginia Beach facility is located on approximately 150 acres with over two million square feet under roof, where the company produces a full line of high-quality, handheld outdoor power equipment including blowers, trimmers, brushcutters, and multi-task tools, as well as the number one selling brand of chainsaws worldwide. STIHL Inc. manufactures over 260 model variations of handheld outdoor power equipment for sale in the U.S. and around the world. STIHL products are sold through a network of over 8,000 servicing power equipment retailers from coast to coast — not mass merchants.
View the full profile