Vice President Needed for LBM Manufacturer Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Vice President for a subsidiary division of a large, privately-held company within the building materials industry. This rapidly growing company produces lumber products, operating several facilities in North Carolina and catering primarily to contractor-based lumberyards throughout the Carolinas and Virginia. This organization owns several companies and divisions within the construction, building materials, and retail sectors. Reporting to the company President, the Vice President must have experience within the LBM industry, along with strong sales and leadership capabilities as he or she will be overseeing a sales team. The Vice President will be based in southern Virginia but will be responsible for traveling the territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
• Plans, develops, and establishes policies and objectives of business organization in accordance with President of directives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers. • Confers with President of the company to plan business objectives, to develop organizational policies, to coordinate customer service, purchasing, sales, and marketing to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
• Responsible for development and administration of the Company Marketing and Sales Programs.
• Develops the yearly budget for the division with consultation with the President and the sales staff.
• Supervisors the sales organization and monitors their monthly goals and objectives and takes a proactive part in developing relationships with customers.
• Reviews sales, production, quality, inventory reports, and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and develop plans to meet these objectives and to maintain profitability.
• Adhere to strong ethical standard and example to build public relations policies designed to improve the company’s image and relations with customers, employees, stockholders, and public.
• Takes ownership in staff development and coaching the sales team, customer service team and purchasing to evaluate their performance and initiate plans to enhance their effectiveness.
• Manages policy deployment in the areas of quality, cost reduction, customer satisfaction, and employee relations.
• Takes responsibility to ensure the company meets all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Build a strong relationship with top customers
• Manages eight subordinates which include Sales and Marketing Department, Purchase Department and Customer Service Department.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have sales experience calling on contractor-based lumberyards throughout the Carolinas and Virginia.