To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10212 Governor Lane Boulevard
Williamsport, MD 21795
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Design Center Consultant
Dan Ryan Builders • Williamsport, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
While managing the division design center and providing excellent customer service, this position will work individually with customers as they select interior options and upgrades. The location of this position will be in the Gettysburg, PA area.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the division design center
· Work with new home customers to select all interior finishes such as cabinets, counters, flooring and lighting
· Responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue sold and margin goals
· Advise customers on interior design (with respect to color, functionality, budget)
· Assist in determining market driven standard features and options
· Create spec home finish and feature schemes
· Work with Director of Purchasing to price options
· Manage distribution of design center paperwork or change orders for the field to reflect the customer’s selections
· Communicate with Sales, Purchasing, Production, and Homeowners as required to successfully execute the homebuilding process
· Research custom requests with the assistance of the Purchasing Team
· Meet with vendors as needed to maximize revenue opportunities
· Other duties as assigned or expected
Knowledge and Skills
· Strong creative ability (Background in Interior Design)
· Excellent presentation skills
· 3-4 years of selling experience in builder design center or retail design center
· Strong focus on revenue goals and customer service
· Well organized and self-directed
· Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail
· Strong computer skills
· Able to establish priorities and meeting deadlines
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
· Must be current with design trends in a variety of styles
· Must have ability to read and understand architectural/structural plans
Education and Work Experience
· AA or Bachelors’ Degree or certification in interior design or equivalent of three years of experience interior home design; or combination of education and equivalent work experience