A growing financial services firm in downtown Chicago is looking to bring on an Accounting Clerk. Due to growing 30% year-over-year, the company would like the Accounting Clerk to start immediately since the invoice volume has increased dramatically.
This role is responsible for maintaining and supporting the general operations of the accounting department to include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, and Payroll functions.
- Receives, processes, and enters all invoices into the system for payment
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating variances
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment
- Maintains vendor account information by reconciling vendor statements, invoices, and communications
- Monitors, reconciles, and records credit card transactions
- Reviews and records daily Postage records
- Receives, reconciles, and processes all payments, and reports daily as needed
- Processes daily bank deposits via scanning software
- Completes billing/invoices by following company guidelines, while resolving any issues
- Posts customer payments by verifying and recording transactions while accounting for intercompany transactions
- Verifies transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Assists with payroll functions as needed. Updates Personnel files
- Prepares Payroll utilizing recognition software
- Liaison with external Payroll processing service and transmits payroll
- Enters employee deductions, garnishments, and other payroll related expenses
- Tracks Vacation usage
- Reviews and processes garnishment orders
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of the office, its records and restricted information
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward families and co-workers
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists President with various side ventures