Job Title: Biomed Equipment Tech
Shift timing: 12:00pm - 8:00pm Monday through Friday
contract Length: 3-6 months contract to hire
Location: New York, NY
· Directs and assists in the setup of OR equipment including endoscopic video systems, recording devices, monitors, surgical robotics, electro surgery, insufflation equipment, etc.
· Ensures that all equipment is kept in optimal repair by providing periodic routine inspection and tests of equipment through equipment specification checklists in order to maintain code conformance and ensure performance.
· Identifies and schedules equipment for periodic maintenance as required.
· Coordinates equipment availability for inspection and maintenance with Clinical Engineering.
· Troubleshoots all equipment systems both off-line and intraoperatively; is available for immediate consultation should problems arise.
· Reports all problems, inputs from other departments, hazards and safety suggestions to supervisor(s) as they occur.
· Arranges for equipment exchanges and spares; maintains a supply of backup cables and accessories for all systems as needed;
· Contacts vendors and suppliers as needed.
· Maintains equipment purchase, maintenance and reference files, capital equipment inventory and on-line databases, and assists with equipment audits as requested.
· Develops documentation of setup and troubleshooting procedures for each equipment system.
· Arranges with Clinical Engineering for the inspection of new OR equipment being evaluated prior to first use; logs new devices/equipment into computer database.
· Reports all equipment problems, repairs, maintenance and exchange of equipment in the computer system.
· Assists in maintaining current operating manuals, technical literature and documentation for all OR equipment systems.
· Initiates purchase requisitions for replacement parts, repairs and maintenance as needed.
· Equivalent of (2) year AAS degree in Surgical Technology, Electronic Technology, instrumentation of electromechanical systems.
· 2-4 years of relevant experience in industrial or hospital environment.
· Knowledge of video systems, cameras, fiberoptics, light sources, computer-controlled instrumentation, robotics, and system troubleshooting techniques.