AML FIU Compliance - Top Regional Commercial Bank - New York, NY
Top regional New York City-based growing commercial banking institution offering a full range of ancillary commercial banking service and attractive deposit products for both businesses and individuals announces search for Compliance Analyst.
Seeking a Compliance Analyst to join the Bank's Compliance team. The ideal candidate will be diligent, thorough with excellent attention to detail. Reporting to the Senior Compliance Manager, this person will be responsible to ensure adherence to State and Federal regulatory compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC.
- Conduct investigations of potentially suspicious transactions and BSA and Fraud activity related o alerts or assigned cases from the Bank’s transaction monitoring system.
- Interact with lines of business to resolve issues as appropriate
- Exercise independent judgment and decisions to determine whether activity is deemed suspicious or can be closed.
- Monitor and report on Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and cash sales of monetary instruments.
- Coordinate filing of all Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Assist with monitoring of the Bank's overall compliance with the BSA Program including monitoring and investigating OFAC concerns.
- Keep informed of laws, regulations, current practices, and guidance pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations and how they relate to new/modified products/services.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 to 5 years ‘experience in AML Compliance
- Knowledge of Bankers Toolbox, Prepaid Debit Cards, and MSB’s is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations governing financial institutions
- Proven ability to apply legal requirements to business practices and systems to identify and assess compliance risk.
- Strong communication, diplomacy, and collaboration skills: ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the Bank.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information relating to complex issues,
- Excellent time and resource management skills: work independently and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated, results oriented individual who is able to work in a time sensitive environment.