At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused.
Performs duties associated with the security and safety of associates, residents, visitors, vendors and all others who have business on an Ascension Living property. The Receptionist will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of associates, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Monitors security cameras, fire systems, secure doors, property perimeter and gate(s).
- Performs mobile and foot patrols both internally and externally.
- Identify visitors and/or suspicious people and ask for appropriate identification, if necessary.
- Responds to and directs EMS or Fire Department personnel to appropriate doors, rooms or apartments ensuring resident safety when necessary.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons or theft.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Ensures exterior cameras and lights are maintained and functioning correctly.
- Responds to mechanical needs and safety hazards of the property, including emergency water shut off valve operation, ability to distinguish when maintenance should be called after business hours, and lock out/tag out protocols.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Enforce the appropriate parking policy and assist with traffic control as needed (vehicle and pedestrian).
- Circulate among visitors, family members, and associates to preserve order and protect property.
- Provide courtesy escorts around campus and vehicle assistance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.