Job Title: Dietary Aide
Reports To: Dietary Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Summary: Responsible for completing general kitchen and housekeeping duties and provide general backup for the cooks to ensure the smooth operation of meals for Rockhill Manor residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Loads and unloads all dishes, utensils and glasses from dishwasher.
● Cleans all large pots and pans manually in sinks and cleans sinks at the end of each shift.
● Places clean glasses, dishes, utensils, and pots in proper locations.
● Cleans designated surface areas of kitchen including counter tops, walls, mats, floors and ceilings.
● Removes garbage and grease from kitchen areas and dispenses in appropriate areas.
● Sweeps and mops the kitchen area at the end of each shift.
● Carries supplies into appropriate areas and stock supplies as needed.
● Only works on equipment and chemicals for which they have been properly trained and are aware of the location of the MSDS sheets.
● Complies with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
● Cleans food preparation equipment and work areas according to health and safety guidelines.
● Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
● Follows food handling and safety requirements.
● Assists cooks with kitchen responsibilities as requested.
● Reports all injuries and occupational related illnesses immediately to management.
● Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
● Attends and participates in scheduled training sessions as required.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
All duties listed are essential unless otherwise noted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Maintain Highest Degree of Confidentiality
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to bend, stoop, squat, and stand for extended periods of time
Project and Time Management
Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
High School Diploma or GED.
Employee Signature Date
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job tasks and responsibilities.
O:/Employee Job Descriptions/Job Descriptions-Manor